Need Help! Superdish question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ethornsb

Original poster
Sep 20, 2009
Kentucky
Newbie to DishNetwork and the satellite world. Read a lot on this site over the last few weeks and have enjoyed.

My question:
I have a extra not used Superdish 121 that is entirely to heavy and big to pack tailgating. I also have access to a Dish 500 "skeleton" no lnb etc...Would it be possible to move the single LNB to the 500 to use while tailgating. I will be about 15 miles from my home so my locals should all be the same. Not worred about HD at all. By reciever is the VIP211k.

Other suggestion and/or help would be great. I'm kind of lost when it comes to this.

Thanks.

You're only going to get 1 satellite with a single LNB. Best to find a DP dual and get 110/119. Used are not expensive.

GL, eric

Thanks. I just looked at that lnb and it has 2 seperate connections at the bottom. Does this seem like a dual? When I am looking on EBAY mine looks he exact same. I'll try to post a pic for you all.

I'll go ahead and apologize for the questions. I was just want to set this up as cheap and easy as possible. With the dual will I be able to run just the coax cable from the dish to the box?

Okay. With that being said, when I purchase the dual (two coax connections at the bottom) will I need a switch to connect them to and then the box?

Which one do I need to purchase? The twin or the dual. When I search ebay they are different.

If I purchase the one on the left, would I just run a coax from one straight to the box.

If I purchase the one the left, would I just run one coax from one of the connections to the box?

Thanks for the help. 2 more things.

If I can't get the twin in by Saturday will it be okay to use the other one? What stations should i expect to get?

Once I get to the stadium what will i need to do once I am connected?

Thanks for the help. 2 more things.

If I can't get the twin in by Saturday will it be okay to use the other one? What stations should i expect to get?

Once I get to the stadium what will i need to do once I am connected?

You're only going to get 1 satellite with a single LNB. Best to find a DP dual and get 110/119. Used are not expensive.
A DP Dual also gets only 1 satellite. The piece that gets 110/119 is a Twin.

Thanks. I just looked at that lnb and it has 2 seperate connections at the bottom. Does this seem like a dual? When I am looking on EBAY mine looks he exact same. I'll try to post a pic for you all.
Also not a Dual. The 119 and 121 LNBs needed to be so close together that their outer casings were stripped away and they were put in one housing.

Which one do I need to purchase? The twin or the dual. When I search ebay they are different.

If I purchase the one on the left, would I just run a coax from one straight to the box.

If I purchase the one the left, would I just run one coax from one of the connections to the box?
The one on the left is a Dual LNB. It sees one satellite but has 2 outputs. The one on the right is either a Twin or a Quad as it has 2 LNBs in one housing. It's a little hard to make out the connectors in the thumbnail, but 2 = Twin or DP Twin, 3 = DPP Twin, 4 = Quad.

Thanks for the help.

I'll look for a twin on ebay and see what I can find.

How limited am I by using the single?

You would only be able to get 110w or 119w so depending on what channels you want to watch some might be on 110w while you are aimed at 119w or the other way around. If you only want a couple of channels you might get lucky and find them both on the same satellite. If you already have the single you might try setting it up on either 110 or 119 and see what you can get.

Later, DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)