Need help to ID this Dish...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

concord

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Southern North Carolina
I have a chance to get the below 7.5ft dish. It would be better to take it as one piece but would need a home-depot flatbed.

Does anyone recognize this dish? Could this be taken apart into panels? Weight?

Thanks.

0101100103100104032008050219847daf7962b960f700f67a.jpg

It looks like a KTI (Kaul-Tronics) dish. I think it looks like mine and it was called a KTI 7 plus (It is 7.5 feet)

Thanks for the help... I have yet to see it in person. Doesn't have an actuator, but shouldn't be a problem for now and a pencil won't fit in the screen, so I guess can be used for Ku too.

Probably need a can of wd-40 with good wrenches to take it apart and a friend's pickup truck.

I think that's a Perfect 10 fellas, I have one just like it. :)

If it IS a Perfect 10, it weighs about 50-60 pounds, two guys can handle it, easy.

It looks like my 7.5' Sami. I guess most mesh dishes look alike in a way. Mine is in 4 panels.
Backplate looks like mine too. That 7.5' should not weigh much. My guess is even with the polar mount attached you are probably looking at 100 lbs maybe. Take the dish off the polar mount first.

Leave the struts and feedhorn as they are if you can handle it without damaging them or the feedhorn in transit.

If you can, keep the Dish whole and just remove it from the Mount and transport that way. If you must split it, you will probably break most of the bolts, just my experience. I would also use Rust Bust or Liquid Wrench over WD40, and spray the night before if possible. May what to bring a Propane Torch for the Mounting Bolts too.

Thanks for the tips...the guy was going to take it down today and scrap it if no one was interested... I was and email him, but never heard back...guess I'll keep checking craigslist.

I have a chance to get the below 7.5ft dish. It would be better to take it as one piece but would need a home-depot flatbed.

Does anyone recognize this dish? Could this be taken apart into panels? Weight?

Thanks.

0101100103100104032008050219847daf7962b960f700f67a.jpg
Looks like the one I just tore down. Skyvision 7.5 Mesh. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)