need help to identify correct replacement actuator

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rpal

Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
Louisiana
How can I identify correct replacement for 10 foot dish actuator arm. I beleive it is 24" but I do not know if I need 24 volt, 36 volt etc. I have a Motorola DSR 922 receiver. The dish and mover are at least 20 years old. Dish is in graet shape and I just upgraded reciever 1 year ago. Also any ideas where to pick up dish mover at low cost. ebay has 24" 24 volt $99 and 24" 36 volt for $59.

Thanks for your help. First post!!

The other consideration is how many switch closures you get per inch of travel.
More is generally better. 36 or 48, maybe?
Can you tell what your old one was? Make/model/etc?

I do believe that 36 volt is common.
While I've seen 24 volt motors, I haven't read anything about any receivers putting out 24.
Thought they were all 36v.
Could be wrong, especially when it comes to all the old stuff out there. :rolleyes:

Just for fun, I connected a voltmeter to my 922 and moved the dish around. It outputted 36 volts during dish movement so I would recommend a 36 volt actuator. Have fun.

Had to crawl on knees to reach back of receiver. Indicates 24 v output. i do not have meter to test and too tight behind receiver to get to again (and to lazy to remove from cabinet). Suspect I should buy the 24 volt Actuator. Same price as 36 volt. Any last minute advice before I purchase? Plan to buy tonight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts