Need help to install second dish for 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CyberWhip

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
I know this has been covered 100 times already but I couldn't find a thread for my case. I there is one already that answers my question just point me to it.

I have a dish 1000 with HD setuo, 1x 622 and 1x 3?? receivers. when the installers put it up they said ! couldn't get 129 due to a tree. I was planning on cutting down the tree in the near future so they said call back and they would tune it in for me. Needless to say, I never got around to trimming or cutting the tree, but, I noticed that the tree was probably not my problem anyways. I think if I move the dish I would be able to get 129, but, I have an old dish (300 I think) and wanted to set it up for 129 (or 61.5 if I can't get good signal). The llnbf has (digital lnbf, BSNAF5-203a) on it.

Is it possible to just take the coaxs that is running into the 129 lnbf on the 1000 and run it to this one or do I need something else? Also, if I do get this working, will I have to call dish to get the 129 channels activated? I think I am paying for them already.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This is what you can do. Use the D300 for 129 and place it anywhere you want as long as you get the signal. Run a cable from the D300 to the D1000 and connect it to the port that says Satellite In. Run check switch and you're done.

If you don't have the HD package, yes you will need to call them to have them activated.

ok, thanks for your super-quick reply. I already get HD channels from 119/110 so I think I am good on that one.

Also, there are two coax connectors on the back of the 300 lnbf, any idea which one I should use, or does it matter? What do you think the maximum distance would be that I could locate the d300 from the d1000?

The max distance depends on where the receivers are located. The max distance for Dish Pro is 200 ft. So if your receivers are located 75 ft. from the 1000, then your 300 needs to be 125 ft. away from the 1000.

ok, I should be good on the distance then.

What about the coax connector on the d300 (left one or right one)? any idea? I guess if this is a dual lnbf then either one should work.

what is a dp dual? it has 2 coax connectors, it says digital lnbf BSNAF5-203A

the 1000 has a dp+ (on the two) and a dp on the single. so I guess this is the twin and dual you are asking about

I can post a picture if it would help

I have been reading about the possibility of using the 300 that I have if I just add a sw21. I think I could pick one of those up pretty easily. Would that be a difficult setup if I could do ti?

here is the outside setup

Attachments

• dish1.jpg
    dish1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 183
  • dish2.jpg
    dish2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 192
you lost me for a minute there....are you saying I have all the pieces that I need already?

If I remove the single one from the 1000 and use it on the 300? that makes sense. The 1000 won't have an lnbf where the single was at (or I could use the old 300 one as a dummy)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)