Need help to set-up Captiveworks receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hashim106

Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Hi Can someone help me setup the captiveworks receiver as I'm unable to catch any bird's. Satellite dish was installed properly.

Thanks

well we need a little more info

dish size
LNB type
what satellite you are looking to get

you know..the essential stuff

any other numbers on it like a LNB LO number? (like 10750 or 9750/10600)

also need to know location. Everybody's numbers are different for aiming the dish...and how do you know it was properly installed?

the full info is as follows:
Quad Polar Legacy 4 O/P LNB
QPH-031
10.75/11.25GHz
5050912GA0019299

connection to satellite

Can someone let me know have to gain the Quality as my strenght is very good.

Combined your threads. Its a good idea to keep all your questions concerning your install in the same thread until you are all set up. Saves us asking the same questions over and over again. :)

Iceberg already asked, but are you sure the dish was set up properly?

Did a professional installer do it? Did he/she show you any channels before they left?

Did they use a professional positive I.D. satellite meter.

no we installed ourself and we have the satellite finder ans we are able to get a good strenght but no quality is this due the positioning of the dish and if so how do we correct that.

So sounds like you are looking for IA-5 for the international programming.

http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html

Make sure to have a LIVE channel / transponder entered in your receiver. Move the dish slowly until you start to see signal quality.

What angles are you using for the dish? Give us your zip code or location and we can double check.

Here is a strong transponder to use on IA-5 for pointing the dish..............

DFreq. 11966

Pol. H

SR. 22000

Last edited:
My Zip is 19702. not sure what angle. if the dish is not pointing properly do you think we nee professional installation?

If you do not feel confidant that you can find the satellite there is no shame in hiring a professional. Just make sure they have done it before and do not let them learn on your $

Many members manage to setup their own system and we will try or best to help :)

Code:
                     Newark, DE 19702
         Latitude 39° 38.094'N Longitude 75° 41.958'W

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m)   El  Skew
--------------------------------------------------------------

IA-5   97.0W 211.4 223.9 39.1  23.7

Satellite Finder is (c) Copyright 2004, P. Lutus

I think I'm getting Frustrated now I have checked everything possible with the dish but can't get the quality.

any suggestions on getting a professional?

thanks

Here is a local satellite installation company, again ASK them if they have EVER done a FTA install before and what knid of satellite meter they use. Ask to see photo ID before EVER letting anyone in your home and check their license if required in your state.

http://www.zsstech.com/

Also try your local Yellow Pages.......

I also has an old dish that is still up there and connecting that I get the quality and strenght both but no picture. Is this bcz of the dish size of different type of dish? Or am I missing something?
in the meantime I have called a installer to come by and install the new 35" dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)