Need help to setup FTA for 2500a

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mylanta

Original poster
Oct 8, 2004
Hi, I am new to FTA. I got a old dishnetwork dish and LNBF(approx 2 years old). Will I be able to get those free to air Chinese channels on EchoStar 9(12161) from Pansat2500 with the dish and LNB. Or I just have to buy new 30' dish and new LNBF. Much Thanks

Hello, you would need a 30" dish and Ku LNBF to get those channels (at 121w), remember they could be here today and gone tomorrow, but there are quite a few other Chinese channels to watch so you would not be wasting your $, good luck!

Thanks for your super fast reply. I noticed that there are also some Chinese Channel on Galaxy 13/Horizons 1 at 127.0°W. Will the new 30" dish& Ku LNBF work for Galaxy 13? what would be your recommendataion for dish and LNBF? Any specification for the LNBF? Sorry for too many questions.
Thanks again

The Ku band setup would get you that block of channels, but they were only reported to be added a couple of weeks ago. (Although I saw them while I was installing my Ku band system last week.) As Peter suggests, these channels might already be gone, they might go tomorrow, or they might stay up for months or years.

There will (probably) always be something to watch somewhere, but you can never count on any particular channel. Spend accordingly.

I suggest getting a 30" dish and a KU band LNB. Then you can enjoy all the fun and interesting stuff up there. Lots of channels with languages I dont speak :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts