Need help understanding what I need for HD built-in TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

edaut677

Original poster
May 16, 2005
Hi All,

I have an HDTV (Mitsubishi WD-52525) and am trying to figure out what I actually need to get local HD channels OTA. I had tried using an indoor antenna but got poor reception and think that possibly I may have done something wrong. I assume that since it is HD "built-in" and not "ready" that I do not need to buy a receiver and that I should only have to hook the antenna directly to my TV and switch to that input? I had read somewhere that either the HD channels come in or they don't (meaning they are not fuzzy), is this true? When I started scanning for channels on the antenna I bought, I only got fuzzy pictures so I assume I was not looking at the right channels. I know the HD channels in my area (north of Boston zip=01826) are 4.1, 5.1, etc. and I don't think I was on those "." channels but don't know how to access them.

Does anyone have a similar TV (or setup) that has gotten this to work. Sorry if I sound like a newbie (I am!). I just need some help figuring out what I need to do.

Thanks in advance to all who post!

Large UHF Antenna

Please put a large directional UHF antenna on your roof and you will see a huge difference, i bet your just picking up the analog stations over you're antenna.
Look at the channel numbers, if it is 12-0 thats analog, if it is 12-1,2,3, etc it could be either digital or HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts