Need help using TV2 Dish remote simultaneously with Logitech Harmony One Remote on TV1

oneder

Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Atlanta, GA
TV1 in living room is controlled with a Logitech Harmony One remote. Ever since using this remote, my TV2 DISH 21.0 IR/UHF PRO remote no longer works unless I'm 2 feet away from the receiver. Was told by DISH support that I needed a TV2 IR Converter Kit. Purchased one and hooked it up to TV2, still no luck with the TV2 DISH remote. Any advice would be much appreciated. I realize I can back feed the remote antenna to the TV2 room, but I'm trying to find a better solution. Thanks

You'll probably want to make an extension for the antenna on the back of the receiver. To do this you'll need a piece of coax (6 feet roughly), and a barrel connector.

Connect one end of the coax to where the antenna is normally placed on the back of the receiver, and then (using the barrel connector) connect the antenna to the end of that coax stretch. Move the antenna to a spot that's a bit more exposed and the TV2 remote should ideally work better

Thanks for the reply. My TV1 and TV2 are on opposite ends of the house and on different floors. Do you still think adding 6 feet from the back of the receiver will make a difference?

Thanks for the reply. My TV1 and TV2 are on opposite ends of the house and on different floors. Do you still think adding 6 feet from the back of the receiver will make a difference?

It should make some difference, but if not you'll probably have to do this

remotebackfeed.jpg

I updated my Harmony one to control my DISH system (hopper.TV. A/V receiver). All works except when I push the button to turn everything off the Hopper stays on (TV, A/V receiver turn off). If everything is off and i push the button to watch tv everything (TV, A/V receiver and Hopper) turn on properly. Can someone tell me what I need to do? Thanks

Customize your activity, add more commands, add dish discrete on to start and add discrete off to end. That way hopper will always turn on / off properly no matter how much the state tracking is screwed up from using another remote. Other option is to always leave hopper on since power consumption is the same either way. That setting to leave on is in the device setup.

I never turn my hopper off, no need to. My Harmony turns all my devices on and off depending on activity but leaves the Hooper out of the equation. That is my choice. When setting up the Harmony I had the option of turning off the Hopper if I wanted to. I did, once, try to have the Hopper, or maybe it was the 722 that predated it, shut off when I pressed off when Watching TV. It messed up my AVR for some reason and I changed it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts