need help with 1000

Playaction

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
I can get 119 and 129 but no 110. I am thinking it is the lnb but it is built in with the 119 signal. Can it be fixed if thats what it is or do I have to swap the entire twin out? Could it be something else?

The dish could be one position too far to the west and thats why you are not receiving 110. 110 and 119 come in through the DPP twin on the dish 1000 and 129 on the DP dual. If the twin went bad you can simply unscrew it and replace it with another one.

Thanks I got it..another ?

I had trouble setting it up at first. I used it this weekend to tailgate. Is the 1000.2 that much stronger than the 1000?
Is it that much easier to set up with a meter. If so, which one do you recommend for the 1000? thanks again.

I just installed a 1000.2 and it got a whopping 2 points of signal more on 129 than my dish 1000. Im still under the impression that the dish 1000 is not the problem, its more the 129 bird. If you install the dish 1000 correctly it doesnt seem to matter. Ive had dish 1000's ive installed have better numbers than dish 300's on 129. Usually this is due to just throwing a dish up. There is no need for a meter unless your a tech and do it everyday. The most important thing is to make sure the mast is LEVEL both ways, and I do mean LEVEL. Set your skew and altitude and set the dish 1000 on the mast. Hook up your twin on port one and find the 119 bird. From there fine tune your altitude and lock er down.

Invest in a dual analog meter

I had trouble setting it up at first. I used it this weekend to tailgate. Is the 1000.2 that much stronger than the 1000?
Is it that much easier to set up with a meter. If so, which one do you recommend for the 1000? thanks again.

Using a dual analog meter is the easiest, surest way to hit your birds. It has helped some RV'ers, and lots of techs. It is a reasonably priced meter and a must if you are aligning multi-satellite dishes. You'll be getting great signal minutes after setting up your mount.

Read about meters and pointing:

Super Signal!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)