Need help with 2nd tuner output and OTA

bjohn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
I have a 622 where the 2nd tuner output is being run to my 2nd TV using COAX. I do not subscribe to local channels. I have a COAX running from an OTA antenna already available at the 2nd TV. My 2nd TV only has 1 tunerr (ATSC/QAM). How can I combine the OTA signal and the 2nd tuner into one cable?

I used a splitter (in reverse I guess?) and it seems to work OK, but I'm not able to get some of the OTA channels. I set the 2nd tuner to modulate(?) on CH 69 (antenna). But some of the OTA channels I'm not getting are not even close to 69.

Is there a better way to combine the OTA signal and the 2nd tuner output? Any specific splliter/diplexer that works well in this situation?

P.S. I do not want to use a A/B switch.

Thanks for your time!

Are you trying to tune digital stations? How do the analog stations look? And does everything work w/o the combiner?

I'm thinking you may be getting some multipath from the other cable. Make sure all the connectors are tight. You could also try disconnecting the cable from the 622 at the combiner and see what happens.

Yes, Digital stations. All the stations look fine. Yes, all the channels come in fine without the combiner.

Is there any other options of combining these inputs?

I have a 622 where the 2nd tuner output is being run to my 2nd TV using COAX. I do not subscribe to local channels. I have a COAX running from an OTA antenna already available at the 2nd TV. My 2nd TV only has 1 tunerr (ATSC/QAM). How can I combine the OTA signal and the 2nd tuner into one cable?

I used a splitter (in reverse I guess?) and it seems to work OK, but I'm not able to get some of the OTA channels. I set the 2nd tuner to modulate(?) on CH 69 (antenna). But some of the OTA channels I'm not getting are not even close to 69.

Is there a better way to combine the OTA signal and the 2nd tuner output? Any specific splliter/diplexer that works well in this situation?

P.S. I do not want to use a A/B switch.

Thanks for your time!

bjohn - I'm doing exactly what you want to be able to do - combine the TV2 output of my 622 with my OTA antenna. I'm using a Channel Master 2-way joiner from Stark Electronics (CM 0538). You can find it here:
CHANNEL MASTER TV ANTENNA COUPLERS, JOINERS & FILTERS
I get all of my digital over the air channels from the antenna and the 622 feeds for TV1 and TV2 on NTSC channels 60 and 62. It's an inexpensive solution and works very well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)