Need help with a good indoor hi-vhf antenna

DIY solution:
A single bowtie with each arm about 13 inches. Space them about an inch to 1.5 and connect the transformer there. >(balun)< 10 or 12 gauge single conductor copper would be stiff enough to 'self support'.

Reactions: andy_horton
the small MCM Labs antenna is only 5 feet long
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/STELLAR-LABS-30-2475-/30-2475

and would probably work better than any indoor antenna. But again if you have the room for it.
With your Big 4 all being on VHF you'd probably want something that would keep the signals stable, And for fun you can always see if/how much UHF you can get off of it. With my Y5 7-13 (similar antenna) I can get the full power UHF stations pretty stable

the small MCM Labs antenna is only 5 feet long
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/STELLAR-LABS-30-2475-/30-2475

and would probably work better than any indoor antenna. But again if you have the room for it.
With your Big 4 all being on VHF you'd probably want something that would keep the signals stable, And for fun you can always see if/how much UHF you can get off of it. With my Y5 7-13 (similar antenna) I can get the full power UHF stations pretty stable
If it's only 5 feet long it should work where I'll be putting it. Hopefully!!

My amplified rabbit ears are broke and need a good recommendation on an indoor antenna for hi-vhf channels 9, 12, 13. Thanks. Andy
think this would fit in your place? ;)
IMG_20160403_151122_274.jpg
IMG_20160403_151152_971.jpg

Yeah its a HBU55....12 feet long :)
Have a C490 which is even longer (and gets VHF low) :D

I was being funny :)
That one was at the lake house still in a box. I picked that up along with C490 this past weekend

I barely got it outside and put up to see how well it worked

That is a sweet antenna!!
Thanks!
Picked it up when Radio Shack went bankrupt.
Went to my "local" store, walked i and asked "do you have any outdoor antennas left?"
Lady says "just that big one there" (points to the C490)

Grabbed that, 2 5 foot masts and the tripod. Cost me like $8 (the antenna was 4.99) :)

Stumbled upon the HBU55 (the one above) at another store. The guy was kinda a dink. He says to me "That antenna is too big for around here" (meaning Minneapolis)
I said "Its for the lake house on Mille Lacs" and got it. Think that cost me like 3.99

That gave me all 4 models of the HBU antennas out there
-started at the house with a HBU33 (designed for suburban areas)
-Got a HBU44 for DXing (larger antenna)
pic of those 2 is below :)
-When I moved into my apartment (after losing the house...late 2012) got a HBU22 for the walk in closet (the baby)
2nd pic of that. Just shows if you can put an outdoor antenna indoors :)
-Now the 55 :)

PICT0156.JPG PICT0011 (3).JPG

Thanks!
Went to my "local" store, walked i and asked "do you have any outdoor antennas left?"

Grabbed that, 2 5 foot masts and the tripod. Cost me like $8 (the antenna was 4.99) :)

Stumbled upon the HBU55 (the one above) at another store. The guy was kinda a dink. He says to me "That antenna is too big for around here" (meaning Minneapolis)
I said "Its for the lake house on Mille Lacs" and got it. Think that cost me like 3.99

-When I moved into my apartment (after losing the house...late 2012) got a HBU22 for the walk in closet (the baby)

View attachment 115804 View attachment 115805
It's a shame nobody bought them out of the bankruptsy they were good antennas for the price.

Thanks!

View attachment 115804 View attachment 115805
It's a shame nobody bought them out of the bankruptsy they were good antennas for the price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts