Need Help With Alignment

westTXwind

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2016
Texas
Hey guys.

I have an RV that I use a tripod and Slim3. Been using it for years with no issues. I can always get it aligned without wasting too much time.

However yesterday we arrived at a campsite, and I just can’t seem to zero in. I always use the 101 as a general guide for all and then fine tune from there. I’ve never had issue not getting 90s on most transponders. This time low/mid 60s on the 101 is the best I got. Teens and mid 20s on the 99 & 103. Only receiving SD. What the heck am I missing here. Hopefully another set of eyes will wake my butt up and realize what I did wrong here.

Attachments

• 14FD0109-1A24-4DD9-8207-FE9283B5C4C9.jpeg
    14FD0109-1A24-4DD9-8207-FE9283B5C4C9.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 126
The first thing to check is the mast. Is it plumb? If not then everything else will be off.

The first thing to check is the mast. Is it plumb? If not then everything else will be off.
That’s the first thing I checked. It’s perfect. I’ve been able to get good signal even with it off slightly in the past. That’s why I’m so stumped.

Then make sure your connections are all tight and double check your settings, especially the skew. Is it possible your dish was damaged? It takes very little to throw off the settings.

Reactions: harshness
Where abouts in Texas are you ?

I have been doing that in the Reo Grande Valley for years ....
Set up perfectly fine every year, except one ...
Found out the dish was slightly bent .... possibly from the wind blowing it over, even though I was always careful to pack it in the MH each time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts