Need help with audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
I've been fiddling with FTA KU since around Christmas, and like many with a stationary dish I settled on Galaxy 10R/18.:)

I've read through a lot of posts here, and they have been really helpful. I have a couple of questions that I couldn't find the answers to, so I decided to register. I'm sure someone here can help me find the answers.

1. Do FTA channels frequently change, or are they relatively stable. i.e. RTN, RetroJams, ThisTV... They seem to be coming and going daily.

2. I did a new scan today, and found Create TV on the list. It has no audio PID, though. Could it be AC3? If anyone knows the PID, please let me know.

Thanks

I've been fiddling with FTA KU since around Christmas, and like many with a stationary dish I settled on Galaxy 10R/18.:)

I've read through a lot of posts here, and they have been really helpful. I have a couple of questions that I couldn't find the answers to, so I decided to register. I'm sure someone here can help me find the answers.

1. Do FTA channels frequently change, or are they relatively stable. i.e. RTN, RetroJams, ThisTV... They seem to be coming and going daily.

2. I did a new scan today, and found Create TV on the list. It has no audio PID, though. Could it be AC3? If anyone knows the PID, please let me know.

Thanks

There is quite a bit of churn lately on G18. You never know what's going to be on. It's part of the excitement.;)

Create is 2 degrees over on AMC21 and must be bleeding over .SatelliteGuys.US - 125.0°W AMC 21 Ku
Most of the PBS channels are dolby and require a decoder.

I originally thought that too, but Lyngsat has Create on 12116H and 12180V with VPID=305. I'm getting it on 11179V and 12029V with VPID=193.

Any Ideas?

Never mind with Create. It was coming in strong, but now it's gone (stayed on about an hour). I guess it was just up on G18 temporarily.

That's a new satellite/location for PBS and they have moved some of those channels around too.
And it is possible for a small ku dish to pick some of them up, the new sat gave some of us fits when it first powered on, bleeding over onto 123 since its so close by.

depends on what channel. G18 was until the beginning of the year pretty stable. Then the whole RTN/Equity split and its been a fun ride since then.

Thanks

as noted above, most of the stuff on AMC21 is AC-3 audio

Is it possible to adjust my dish pick up both sats at the same time with fairly good quality on one LNB?

They are fairly close together, but when I make adjustments, I get one or the other.

That would depend on the size of your dish, location, strength of transponders involved, weather , focal length, lots of factors. Might be a good experiment to try someday, but I would not think you would be satisfied with the results. But, hey thats what this hobby is about....trying things to see what works!

I originally thought that too, but Lyngsat has Create on 12116H and 12180V with VPID=305. I'm getting it on 11179V and 12029V with VPID=193.

Any Ideas?
I'm curious what LNBF you're using? It sounds like you have a standard 10750 LNBF, but have your receiver set up as universal 9750/10600.

ie 12180-10750= 1430 , ie the actual IF freq of the 12180 signal.

and
1430+9750= 11180 , ie close to the 11179, and= what your receiver would say if you have the wrong lnbf type/wrong LO freqs.

and
1430+10600=12030 , ie close to your 12129, and = 2hat your receiver would say if you have the wrong lnbf type/wrong LO freqs.

Anyway to match what Lyngsat says, set up your receiver to the proper lnbf type. Also, Lyngsat is wrong about the 12116 mentioned, it should be 12120.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)