Status
Please reply by conversation.

McGuyver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Nuclear Testing Grounds
Hi Guys,

I'm resurrecting a 1980's 8' Channel Master fibreglas dish model#6806 and need to replace the LNB unit, the BSC621 CKU std LNB looks like the best choice so far but I'm not quite sure about the mounting hardware I'll need. According to the BSC621 sales ads, it looks like it DOES NOT come with a scalar ring, is this correct and if so, does anybody know if the original Chaparral scalar ring will match the new BSC621?

Another thing, does anybody know where I can find any literature or manual for this Channel Master dish?

It comes with a ring, I think I read that it's better to use another ring though, if you are getting 4dtv get the BSC621 because the BSC621-2 ku-band side will not work with the 4d.

Bsc621 Cku

It comes with a ring, I think I read that it's better to use another ring though, if you are getting 4dtv get the BSC621 because the BSC621-2 ku-band side will not work with the 4d.

Thanks for the info, I don't have 4dtv and I plan to get a std LNB.
The Chaparral throat measures approx. 73 mm and I hope the BSC621 has the same.

i measured it in the range of 65mm .... but with a slightly longer bolt replacing the tighting bolt it would fit maybe a shim on the other two placement points.

but it comes with a scaler

I have 2 of these and found the LNBF assembly is a loose fit into the ring. Without a fabricated shim of sorts, the supplied screws dent the housing easily. A shim helps prevent this. The LNBF ends up off center because of the larger than necessary diameter opening.

The newer unit I have has a skew indication on it. Where the earlier model has a small "V" shaped notch. I find C band is better than KU band sensitivity.

I just installed a BSC621 and I can not get it to switch mto KU with my 920.If I run the cable straight from KU LNB to the KU input on the 920 I get KU channels. If I run through the switch on the LNB I only get C-Bandon the 920. If I run it though the switch on the LNB with my FTA it will switch between C and KU Bands'The reason I bought it was I wanted to up grade to KU without having to run another wire.

yeah , to work with the 4dtv it will need two coaxes the 4dtv can't control the switch built into the unit so when they say you can use it for 4dtv its by running seperate coax for each c band and ku band

upon further reading the 4dtc can't control the diseqc switch built into the bsc621-2
but several places say that the 4dtv can control the 22k switch of the bsc621

sorry if i reported this incorrectly , i'm going to test it out in a few days if no one reports that it will work

Last edited:
i didn't want to inform you incorrectly if you will check it

Did you run the short jumper coax cable from the ku side to the c side then run the single line from there to the receiver.

Then did you change your lnb settings options 6-4-2 from c band lnb to c & ku lnbf

i haven't tried this so i don't know if it will work but it should through one coax

Thanks for the info, I don't have 4dtv and I plan to get a std LNB.
The Chaparral throat measures approx. 73 mm and I hope the BSC621 has the same.
I'd read that the BSC621 would drop right into a Chaparral feedhorn, but I have 2 chaparrals and it "almost" fits, but I can't quite wedge it into the feedhorn after doing some mild sanding to the inside of the feedhorn.

i didn't want to inform you incorrectly if you will check it

Did you run the short jumper coax cable from the ku side to the c side then run the single line from there to the receiver.

Then did you change your lnb settings options 6-4-2 from c band lnb to c & ku lnbf

i haven't tried this so i don't know if it will work but it should through one coax
I hooked it up just like that and tried c&ku lnb and I got no c or ku, then I tried c&ku lnbf and I got c band but can't get it to switch to ku. I also had to change to 90 degrees off set in the menu. I think I am going to have to run another cable to get both.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)