Need help with cabin setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GCDamman

Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
I bought a second Dish to install at a cabin. In order to do this, I also ordered another solo receiver from dish. I had it installed in my garage at home. It is a vip211z. The installer decided to change my setup so I use satellite 72. He also installed a switch. After he installed the new receiver, I disconnected it and tried to install the dish using the new receiver last weekend at the cabin with no luck. I suspect I need to be more precise pointing the dish, and with a little more research and care in installing the dish, I can probably do that.

My question is whether just running the coaxial cable from the dish to the receiver and pointing the dish in the right direction is sufficient, or whether there is some additional setup/connecting I have to do with the receiver? The Dish is a 1000.2 twin eastern arc turbo, 72.7 and 61.5. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Greg

My question is whether just running the coaxial cable from the dish to the receiver and pointing the dish in the right direction is sufficient, or whether there is some additional setup/connecting I have to do with the receiver? The Dish is a 1000.2 twin eastern arc turbo, 72.7 and 61.5. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Greg

That should work as long as the dish is mounted on a plumb bracket or pole, you have a clear view of the sky and the dish is pointed exactly at the satellites. We use a $600 meter to align which makes it easy, without it not so much. :)

Others can give you more pointing advice, but the antenna is very sensitive, and it's not all that easy to aim. There are true azimuth and magnetic azimuth angles, you can get both from dishpointer.com. Helps to use a good compass, and many will recommend a good signal meter.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

I bought a second Dish to install at a cabin. In order to do this, I also ordered another solo receiver from dish. I had it installed in my garage at home. It is a vip211z. The installer decided to change my setup so I use satellite 72. He also installed a switch. After he installed the new receiver, I disconnected it and tried to install the dish using the new receiver last weekend at the cabin with no luck. I suspect I need to be more precise pointing the dish, and with a little more research and care in installing the dish, I can probably do that.

Greg
Where are you located?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts