Need help with dish 1000 angles

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nadeamnahas18

Original poster
May 12, 2006
Hi
New to forum u guys give some great help here, doin a good thing.
Anyways i need help with my dish 1000. i was on the phone with dish network and im having trouble with receiving the hd signal from 129. They told me that i may have to get another dish which i already have the 500 and use it to point at 61.5. What i need to know is how to point it to the 61.5 location. I live in Quincy, MA zip is 02169.
Besides that got a glimpse of the discovery HD for the first time WOAH its crazy i bet everyone is like me when you first look at it but it is inicredible:)

Menu 6-1-1 has a place where you can enter your zipcode. Do that, specify Dish 300 and 61.5 and it will give you the angles. There's places online to get the same info but it's built right into the receiver for your convenience.

If your receiver doesn't have Menu 6-1-1 Iceberg will probably be able to help you.

You cant get 129 from Quincy (Boston)...signal stops at about Philly

numbers for a dish at 61.5

40.4 elevation
181 azimuth

(OT: One of my customers is based in Quincy...Granite Telecommunications :)

Vegetation was my issue. Look up specifically at about 1-3 o'clock location at about 45-90 degrees standing right behind dish and if you see branches grab the shears if single or grab the shears at 9 PM when she is showering if married and do the job.

Another tip, go to Walmart and buy the $45 Homeland Security surveillance system and use the little 6 inch tv to monitor signal strength at the dish with a long video cable. This investment proved priceless in the longterm. The cameras that came with it are now fakies mounted to guard my Quatropporte and Conti GT :))))) I wish "sigh"

Also call Dish tech support and the rep will also tell you which is the strongest transponder on the 129 bird for your area. Mine are 12 and 13. Always lock the 129. It will work but i curse myself until this day for the hours of misery after i did not listen to Iceberg and did not trim that tree branch.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)