Need help with Dish and my Samsung DVD reciever

Zorlac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
Iowa
Hello all. We switched to Dish Network early this summer. We have superdish and the 322 recievers I believe they are. We have a fairly crappy TV in the den, a 36" Toshiba from like 1996, and a Samsung HTDB600 DVD player/5.1 reciever which we use for sound, since the TV speakers are shot. Unfortunetly we have to use 2 remotes constantly, the one Dish provides change channels etc, and the Samsung remote, strinctly to turn the unit on and control volume. It would be GREAT if we could control the reciever volume on the Dish remote, but I've not been able to find a usable code. I've tried them all (even on the day we were getting it installed) and nothing has worked.

I ran a search and no posts came up with my model of reciever, so I dont know where else to look. It'd probly be much easier if the Dish reciever we have had a digital optical out as our Samsung reciever has optical in, but it doesnt. Do the newer more advanced dish units have optical out?

If any techs or A/V gurus can provide some tips I'd be most grateful. Thank you!

Zorlac said:
Hello all. We switched to Dish Network early this summer. We have superdish and the 322 recievers I believe they are. We have a fairly crappy TV in the den, a 36" Toshiba from like 1996, and a Samsung HTDB600 DVD player/5.1 reciever which we use for sound, since the TV speakers are shot. Unfortunetly we have to use 2 remotes constantly, the one Dish provides change channels etc, and the Samsung remote, strinctly to turn the unit on and control volume. It would be GREAT if we could control the reciever volume on the Dish remote, but I've not been able to find a usable code. I've tried them all (even on the day we were getting it installed) and nothing has worked.

I ran a search and no posts came up with my model of reciever, so I dont know where else to look. It'd probly be much easier if the Dish reciever we have had a digital optical out as our Samsung reciever has optical in, but it doesnt. Do the newer more advanced dish units have optical out?

If any techs or A/V gurus can provide some tips I'd be most grateful. Thank you!
You should have gotten the DVR522 but I guess the extra $4.98/Mo. was too much the 522 has optical outs. The alternative you can try is a universal remote that has both the Samsung and DISH remote codes. :confused:

"You should have gotten the DVR522 but I guess the extra $4.98/Mo. was too much"

Yeah especially since the tech installed the recievers and didnt tell us anything about that $5 month deal :rolleyes:. Well I'll look into the DVR522 and see what our options are.