Status
Please reply by conversation.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Ok so i got a 410 from flea bay a while ago. This weekend I hooked it up to my dish. moved the motor over to 99. So I know im on the bird as i can see all the Huges net transpoders great. Hookup the 410 and all i get is a signal level of 9 on x4 and thats where it stays. It doesnt see any of the programming on X4. So what could be wrong?

Is the lnbf connected directly to the 410? If not, remove any switches and connect it directly to the 410 and see if it works.

Couple of things, I just received a used 410 from Sky*** and had the same problem or at least i thought. I had a good lock on the sat at about 75 mpeg. still I had to turn in on and let it sit for 10 or 15 mins (documentation says up to 45 mins.) for the 410 to think about it and get a lock on the sat. I still couldn't see the guide. I think you have to have the receiver (re) activated by sky** before you can see anything. I boxed my back up and may just send it back.

Bob
If you can get into the menus I learned that in the menu the LNB needs to be "rotated 90 degrees"

If its like my 905 its option 6-3 and then it says "type of LNB's" and then "normal" or "rotated 90 degrees"

The unit purchased off of Ebay won't be able to be authorized for the Hits programming.

I think I am going to pick one up just for the DMX channels. :)

Do not expect to see a programming guide until AFTER the receiver has been authorized for subscription. It needs to first channel map on X4, using a live signal as explained in those instructions, working until you get a green light
which indicates a good signal level.

Previous experience with other Motorola boxes (Star Choce, etc) tells me that a second opinion is often a good idea to confirm that you are on 99 West.
This could be by using a combination of the following: spectrum analyzer,
in-line satellite signal strength meter, MPEG-2 receiver with some transponders stored on adjacent satellites such as 101 and 97 West.

If you have the latter, balance azimuth and elevation about halfway between those two satellites. It would be preferable to use an in line tuning meter
to locate "a" signal from 99 West. There are really no FTA channels on this satellite, but there are a number of carriers for Internet service such as
Hughes/DirecWay. When you think that you are on something with the in line meter or an analyzer, do a blind scan with the MPEG-2 receiver in "All" mode to store one or more of those transponders used for Internet service and
peak for best signal.

The above resources will get you on 99 West a little quicker, and then you can try to follow the instructions to set up the 410 receiver. Motorola boxes
are not really user-friendly to find initial signals, and will often have a few seconds' time delay registering on their meter. If you can get very close to being on the satellite with other equipment, your frustration level will greatly decrease because it will be much quicker to make the 410 work once you have at least a moderate signal.

guys im up. For some reason it was my invacom LNB. Maybe its time to get a new one. This reciver is still subbed from the last one? The guy I bought it off of from ebay had this programmed for DMX only and guess what! I get all the dmx channels. (cough cough Scott)! Allthough I dont know who this was subbed through before. It appears everything is working fine. All the DMX channels are in the 900 range

Bob
Do you have an Invacom Universal? If so, the 410 won't work with that. Needs to be a standard LNB

The DMX channels are free regardless if it was subbed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)