Need help with expressvu

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GigaHz23

Original poster
Oct 10, 2004
Hi I am new to this forum and the satt scene. My friend gave me a dish networks receiver and i am traing to hook it up. I got the location of the echostar satt but the receiver says its the wrong satt? The menue on the receiver is asking for express vu 91 & 82. Were are those satt? Can ayone help me? Thanks

You mean your friend gave you a Dish Network receiver, but the receiver asking the Express Vu satellite location ??

What Charlie did for his receiver ?? Or he think he is controlling the Canadian satellite as well.

your friend probably downloaded the ExpressVu software, when the receiver is suppose to have Dish Network software on it

Hope you didnt spend too much for the doorstop :)

is there any way to fix this? or is this a dead horse and I should stop kiking it? and if it can be fixed can anyone tell me how or show me a site that explains it? thanks

OK Check the card inside. Is it a Dish or Bell Expressvu card? If it is a Dish card, then the receiver does have Bell software on it. It happens when the receivers have factory software and are pointed to Bell Expressvu's satellite.
If you want to sell it, you might be able to get something for it on Ebay; just say that it has EV software.
If you are a current Dish subscriber, you do have options.
If you have credit card autopay, they will ship equipment for free. If not, shipping is 14.99, I think. You can add the reciever to yuor account. Tell then that you were pointing your dish and accidentally got in on EV, then the receiver turned to EV. They will ask you to pay $50 for an exchange for a remanufactured receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)