Need Help with HD Networks!

WileyKyle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
Lancaster PA
I have basic cable from Comcast and I am trying to see if I get the HD network channels. When I hook up the cable to my plasma Cable Input I only see the SD channels. When I hook up the cable to my plasmas ATSC Tuner I get nothing ( works for OTA HD). Any suggestions? Am I not connecting things correctly? Any help would be appreciated.

If you are referring to a regular COAX incoming line into just the back of TV, that will do you no good. The ATSC input should be for an OTA antenna, not your cable companies line.

What cable box make & model? You need the COAX line to go into the cable box (probably a upgraded specific box) and then have a either a component or HDMI, or DVI line out from that box to a corresponding jack on your TV.

No Cable Box. That was what i was trying to avoid. I only have basic cable because I use Comcast for Internet. Most of my TV watching is done through a dish network DVR (model 510). I thought I could avoid the cable box because of the built in tuner on the Plasma (Viore).

Does your TV have a built-in QAM tuner? (Does it have a place for a cable card?) If so, then you COULD get your local stations in HD. If not, then you have to have a cable box.

No QAM tuner:( No cable card. Any way to buy an external QAM tuner and hook that up? I don't want to pay an additional monthly fee to Comcast.

That's not what everybody else says about Comcast, although I can't test it because my franchise is still stuck in the idiotic Suscom mentality. I don't know why they're dragging their feet on unencrypting the local stations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)