Need Help With Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tryx

Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
I have 3 2700 Dish network ird's and a 500 dish non pro picking up satellites 119 + 110 with a sw44 switch. What I want to do is be able to also pick up satellite location 121. What do I need to do this. I have a dish 300 kicking around but not sure what switches and things that I need to hook them all up to be able to view a 3 satellites. Please help if you know how to do this. Thanks.

tryx said:
I have 3 2700 Dish network ird's and a 500 dish non pro picking up satellites 119 + 110 with a sw44 switch. What I want to do is be able to also pick up satellite location 121. What do I need to do this. I have a dish 300 kicking around but not sure what switches and things that I need to hook them all up to be able to view a 3 satellites. Please help if you know how to do this. Thanks.
Call DISH Network and see if you qualify for a free upgrade to Super Dish. The DISH 300 is way to small to be used, if you want to jury rig a 36" dish with a Legacy type FSS LNB you would need a SW-64 switch. :) :) :)

The 121 is an FSS sat like the old Primestar service. If you have access to a P* dish, you can use it to tune into the 121. Keep in mind that the "skew" on the dish is set bu the LNB barrell on the P* dish. You have to actually turn the lnb to lock the polarity. And, you can use an SW64 switch as mentioned, bt you can also use a D* simple 4 way swicth connected to the P* dish, and then add into the SW44 lines with SW21s. Keep in mind that you cannot put the SW21 on the input 1 from the SW44 due to the power inserter(you can put it in between the receiver and the inserter, but that usually requires running a second cable to the port 1 receiver). a dish 300 WILL NOT WORK since the dish is too small and the LNB is the wrong freq.

I always recommend P* since you can score 1 and extra LNBs free usually, and the bigger P*'s dishes are better for the 105. I pulled an 80+ on all 24 trans on my 721 with a 40x30" dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts