need help with pansat 2800a

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shultz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
87W 40N
I want to edit my satellite and channel list on the pansat 2800a. since the 2800a is suppose to be an update of the 2700a, i tried to use the channel master program with no luck. then i found out you need the 2800a loader, so i got that from the pansat web site and everytime i try to download the channel file, all i get is an error message that says there's no files! theres got to be files! what am i doing wrong this time?? if i could get this file downloaded, i could use the CM to edit the sats like i do on my coolsat. anyone have any ideas?

You need to make sure the "File Type" is set to "Channel Data File" and then click "UpLoad" and then it will as you to save the file somewhere.

You need to make sure the "File Type" is set to "Channel Data File" and then click "UpLoad" and then it will as you to save the file somewhere.
i tried that and named the file "channels.bin" but still get the failed error message.

What is the exact error message you get?

Is it something like "Can't Open Serial Port Last Error: The system cannot find the file specified" ?

What is the exact error message you get?

Is it something like "Can't Open Serial Port Last Error: The system cannot find the file specified" ?

when i open the loader, i click on the "channel data file", click on "upload", then a box pops up wanting me to name the file and where to send it, (so i just named it "channels.bin") and the little uploading box with 0% shows for a few minutes, then i get the "Flash update fail" message. i can unhook the serial cable from the pansat and connect it to my coolsat and use the cs loader, and it works fine. so that tells me the computer & cable are working. it has to be something in that pansat loader i'm missing.

Some receivers require a straight through (not null) cable, and some require a PC-to-PC null cable. The Pansat 2700A uses the null cable, not sure about the 2800, but it should as well. Not sure what the Coolsat uses...

I think "Tron" figured it out.

I looked on the internet and I found out that the Coolsat 4000, 5000, 6000 uses a straight through cable, Pansats use Null Serial cables so this is probably your problem.

If the Pansat came with a cable you should try and use that.

Last edited:
thanks guys, that was it :clap i had a 9-pin rs-232 ran from the computer to the coolsat in the other room. i just hooked it up to the pansat and nothing happended. in the pansat manual, it just says to use a rs-232 serial cable like i have, so i thought that would work! when i looked on the back of the pansat receiver, it says rs-232c! so i unhooked the pansat & carried it to the computer & hooked it up with the other cable, and it worked!
thanks again!!

It will be annoying to change the serial cables for each receiver if you use both, but I am glad you got it to work :)
Just use a straight-through cable on your pc and toss on a null-modem adapter plug when you need to - or possibly buy a few for a couple bucks apiece and permanently attach them to the back of the receivers that need a null modem connection :up

Just use a straight-through cable on your pc and toss on a null-modem adapter plug when you need to - or possibly buy a few for a couple bucks apiece and permanently attach them to the back of the receivers that need a null modem connection :up

Thanks for the info! That would be ALOT easier and i could use the cable already run into the other room.
Thanks guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)