Need help with Superdish and satellite 121

daoriginalog

Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I already installed my superdish. I am currently picking up satellite 110/119 with 100% quality. However, I am only able to pick up 5-6 channels from Satellite 121. The other channels just say "no signal". Basically i am only able to get some transponders...

The problem I think it is. My Dish Pole is not plumb to my side wall. The reason is because my side wall is slanted. I don't want to mount the Superdish on the roof either, its way too heavy and has already fallen off the last time i installed it there. Is there a way to make it plumb without having to mount it on the roof? My sidewall is slanted making the pole a 45 degrees instead of upright plumb.

Could this be the cause of me not picking up Satellite 121 completely? Need some help here.

Also, when I use the Reciever it says Wrong Sat Echostar 119 for the 121 Satellite, yet I am able to pick up some channels, but not all?

My skew is all off because of the pole not being plumb, it is around 60 skew instead of 95 (what it says for my zip code)

Somehow...someway...you MUST make that mast plumb. That's all there is to it. It makes it practically impossible to properly dial in all 3 orbitals otherwise. And let's face it, the AZ, EL, and Skew settings are all relative to mast (or pole) being 90 degree plumb.

The reason is because my side wall is slanted.
Unless your side wall slants outward from bottom to top, you should be able to adjust the mast to compensate. If the wall isn't flat, try shimming a short chunk of 2x10 so that you have a vertical surface to mount to.

Unless your side wall slants outward from bottom to top, you should be able to adjust the mast to compensate. If the wall isn't flat, try shimming a short chunk of 2x10 so that you have a vertical surface to mount to.

My sidewall slants inwards. However, I did see a dish near my house that was in the same situation as me. The dish is a 500 or smaller. He just put 2 screws on to mount the top, and the bottom is just hanging loose, but it is sitting on a screw that is drilled into the wall. Basically his pole was plumb. I was wondering if I could do this to a Superdish, would it be too heavy to sit on a bolt for the bottom?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)