Need Help with Transferring Reel Tapes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

sidekick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Port Angeles, Washington
I hope someone can help me here. I've been carrying around with me for about 40years, an old Radio Shack Realistic reel to reel recorder that I received as a present as a kid. On one of the reels, I have my parents voices. This is imortant to me as they've both been deceased for a couple decades. Does anyone know of the best way that I could transfer the reel to reel tapes to another medium, be it cassette or cd? Appreciate any help! Thanks...

Does that reel-to-reel player have any kind of output jacks? Phono jacks, headphone jack or audio output jacks? If so, it will be easy to hook up the reel-to-teel player to another audio unit. I highly recommend it be a computer where you can digitally capture the audio. You can then burn CDs and have several back-ups.

The one thing I am concened about is the status of the tape itself. Be very careful as some reel-to-reel tapes are acitone based and can just disintegrate with handling!

Post for us if there are any kind of jacks on this unit.

See ya
Tony

Being that your in california it would be easy to find a local audio / video restorationist that could do what your wanting to to what ever medium you want and make several copies. This would be the way to go if you dont feel comfortable handling a 40 year old ribbon.

Thanks guys, I'm going to storage tomorrow to get the recorder. I believe it has a mini headphone jack, but I'm not sure. I'll let everyone know when I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts