Need help with Voom channels

Mike4HDTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Danbury, CT
I had my second dish installed today so I could get the Voom channels. I called to activiate the Voom channels which took about a minute. The channels went from red to blue in my 942 guide in seconds.

The only problem is that I am not seeing a picture on any of the Voom channels. All of the channels are black. I am getting a signal from the 61.5 satellite because I can view the HD demo channel and I can get the CBS-HD East feed. I talked to technical support and they did not help. They are reporting the problem to the engineering dept.

I did 3 check switches today and the 942 is seeing the satellite. I have unplugged my receiver twice and waited 15 - 20 seconds each time before plugging it in and the channels were still black. I held the power on the 942 for 15 seconds which reset the box and that did not work.

I think the problem may be that I am not seeing the Voom transponders. The Voom channels are on transponders 1,3,5, & 7. I can only see even number transponders on the 61.5 satellite. There are no odd number transponders available for me to select.

If this is the problem, how do I fix it? Do I adjust the dish or do I need to have somebody come to my house to fix the problem?

How about the lnb you are using. I have a dish pro plus twin lnb , with a dishpro dual ( pointed at 61.5) plugged into the dishpro plus twin. The dishpro plus twin has a built in switch that combines both lnbs into one satellite run to the house and from their you can use a dish seperator to slit the signal into two satellite tuners. I had a lnb before that only saw even transponders before and had to be replaced. I would suggest you look at what kind of lnb you have and if it is a legacy style , you might have problems ,especially if it is combined with a dishpro lnb with out the adapter. If that doesn't work I don't know what to tell you. The rainbow 1 sat and the Dish satellite are both at 61.5 so if you see one you should see both. It sounds a lot like lnb problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)