Need Help

jhall299

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
Well, I have my dish 500 installed with two RG6 cables running to my DP34. The switch in turn has two RG6 cables running to my 622. Everything works! This is where my problem starts. I also have a dish 300 I am trying to connect to get 61.5. My confusion starts with the fact that the 300 LNB has two F connectors. I only have one port left on my dp34. Do I only run one cable from the LNB to the switch? Which one? I have tied hooking it up every way I can think of and the 622 reports no connection for port three when I run the test on the switch. Could I have the wrong LNB? The part number on it is BS1H1UP201M. Should I have an LNB with one connection to go into the one remaining port on my dp34?

Thanks for any help.

Jon

Last edited:
No, it doesn't have a DP on it.

I have tried both ports to the third port on the dp34 and when I run a switch test it says no connection.

Can I run the LNB from the 300 straight into the receiver to eliminate the switch as the problem?

Jon

Is the LNB needed for 61.5 different than the LNB for 110/119? Will a dish pro 500 with the 110/119 dual LNB work for 61.5?

Jon

Dish Pro Dual LNBs are less than $25 on Ebay, including shipping. However, your 110/119 Twin will work as long as it is Dish Pro. The problem that you are running into is that the DP34 requires Dish Pro LNB equipment.

So to use the twin I just use one coax to either side into port 3 of the dp34?

Jon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts