Need Honest Opinion...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scootertime

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2007
I need to know if I should keep trying with my BSc621 or should I just buy a regular c/ku chapparel feedhorn. Is the BSC621 a reliable lnb or is it going to save a lot of my time to buy a Chapparel?

Im using a BSc621 right now and am not having any problems so far with it,Ive had it up for aprox. 6 months now and am enjoying what it gives me.

I've found the chaparrel with a decent lnb attached is much more stable/consistent/reliable than the BSC621. I have yet to get a signal from the bsc621 of the same quality as a good old corotor. Maybe I just haven't tuned the bsc621 well enough, but little effort was required to tun the old corotor and receive superior signal quality. Not to mention, the BSC621 seems to be made of inferior materials - the feedhorn is light and flimsy compared to the one that came with my chaparrel , the lnb itself seems light and doesn't take much to flex its shape when tightening down the adjuster bolt (and it doesn't fit in the lnbf very well, so you really need to fab something to secure it properly for best results)

So, if you have the $$$ to spend, and your equipment supports the corotor, I'd definitely go that route. If you need something cheap that works well with just about any fta receiver, then the bsc621 is a decent choice.

I would not give up on it

I need to know if I should keep trying with my BSc621 or should I just buy a regular c/ku chapparel feedhorn. Is the BSC621 a reliable lnb or is it going to save a lot of my time to buy a Chapparel?
Well, first you didn't say what problem you were having.
C-band or Ku band problems...?

As for answers to probably -most- of your questions, please read all of this thread, ... and I mean all of the thread.
At the end (do not skip to the end!) , MrTim has a link to a tech brief on how to fix the LNBf if it's messed up.
But I stress, if you read the thread, absorb what it says, and do what's suggested, that's about as good as it gets.
You'll also notice posts from other happy users of the product.

Of course, your feedback will be highly appreciated, too! :)

Thanks for your opinions...f,

I sold my system about a year ago, when I got dish net and thought I would never use my bud again. I was wrong. I bought a bunch of stuff to rebuild it and have been having a tough two weeks. First my sensor died, so I called skyvision and they sent me the wrong one, now I will get the new one on Thursday. Since I can't move my dish without knowing exactly where it is, I cannot program any satellites. So, seeing how I have a few days to waste, I tried to get some 4dtv digital signals yesterday and was unsuccessful in getting any type of reading on G1 102, but I did get G1/11 clear and g1/12 with sparklies. I think I need to adjust the lnbf on the dish today. I know digital signals are more sensitive. I will stick with the lnbf, but if anyone has a suggestion to get those digital channels in, I will take it. Thanks

I have had very good results with my BSC621. I just use 2 cables. It's a deal for what they cost. I'm surprised no one else has copied it.

I'm not sure who copied who, but I'm using the Geosat pro C/KU lnbf.

C AND KU-BAND SATELLITE LNBF - SatelliteAV, LLC.

The performance is about the same for C and better on KU than the Corotor it replaced. My Corotor came with some low end lnb's in a bundle deal that cost $150 though. I doubt the Geosat would be able to match the performance of a Corotor with Norsat lnbs, but then again the Geosat costs $50 and a Corotor with Norsats would probably be pushing $500. Incidentally, I think the specs on Satellite AV's web site are a little off. The noise factor is a little lower and I think the gain a little higher than what is listed. At least for KU anyway. The C band side might be accurate though.

I use a 621 and have no issues on my one 6 foot dish. The 2nd 6 footer is aimed at G4 and has an old LNB on it :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts