Need info from current or former D* & E*...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SeattleVoomer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
subscribers. Can you tell me who these providers use to do their installations? Yes, I know some of you have done your own. However, if you don't do your own does a "local installer" do the install or does Dish and Direct roll their own trucks?

The reason I'm asking the question is we're thinking of hiring someone to do our 24" VOOM upgrade install. Since we live in a 2 story house, don't own a ladder and I'm 63 I can't do the job myself.

Watching HDTV under lowering (rain promised!) Seattle skies, Gill

P.S.: For "Seattleites" have any good installers to recommend?

SeattleVoomer1 said:
subscribers. Can you tell me who these providers use to do their installations? Yes, I know some of you have done your own. However, if you don't do your own does a "local installer" do the install or does Dish and Direct roll their own trucks?

The reason I'm asking the question is we're thinking of hiring someone to do our 24" VOOM upgrade install. Since we live in a 2 story house, don't own a ladder and I'm 63 I can't do the job myself.

Watching HDTV under lowering (rain promised!) Seattle skies, Gill

P.S.: For "Seattleites" have any good installers to recommend?

Gill, in my area they hired local installers to do any service call. The local installers are very bad and usually an appointment made in the morning takes a whole day for them to show up. Many times the work order says something different of what the problem is/was. This is my experience with E* in my area. Right now, I don't let any of these guys into my house. They have do so many bad jobs for me that I learned how to do it myself and the only way I will contact dish is to replace bad equipment which they ship to my house and I go ahead and do the repair or installation.

directv does not have any in house trucks at all. they do have a quasi in house group of companies that make up thier hsp group. (Home Service Provider) they are not directv employees but act on its behalf. the major directv fulfillment houses , which are perfect 10,metron and dsi also have contracts with installation companies to do thier installs.

ill let a dish installer speak for them, but i know they do have in house installers.

if your question is what directv techs will do the best job, forget about which company they happen to work for, ive seen good and bad on both ends. just get a tech who cares about doing a good install and is proud of his work.

good luck and merry christmas
.....bob

Thanks for the info guys! Gives us a better idea on what course to take.

If we ever get the blamed thing installed I'll let you all know!

Watching HDTV under clearing Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)