Need Info on SA-2200

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Hi, I have an SA Explorer 2200 from C-cast on a promo. I want to hook it up with my HP Media Ctr. PC so I can record some shows on the HD.

The HP book says I need to connect a "Remote control sensor cable" from the HP transmitter to the infrared receiver window on the front of the 2200. I called C-cast 3 times asking for a users manual to no avail. I was able to get the 2200 insatall sheet scematic, but the 1 thing it doesn't show is WHERE it is on the box. I have to stick the cable end from the PC transmitter to the front of the 2200 where the IR is. Can someone tell me either where the IR is on the box or what site to find it. I have pictures of the front & rear of the unit showing everything else.

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure where the window is, but you may find it this way. Using the remote that came with the DVR, touch the front of the remote directly to the front of the DVR. Press a button that does something, maybe a "1." Move the remote around the DVR face and watch to see if the DVR reacts to the signal. Where ever it reacts is a good place to place the HP transmitter.

I tried that. I also watched the 2 areas behind the plastic front and still can't figure out where the beam hits. What I don't understand is why C-cast offers no owner's manual. I have talked to 3 reps and nobody has ever seen a book for the SA 2200. When I got receivers from Dish I got books that were at least 60 pages with plenty of info and diagrams. I'm somewhat disgusted.

Go here:
http://www.scientificatlanta.com/explorerclub/

Register (its free) and you can download guides and manuals to your heart's content.

But to find the receive, just get a flashlight and shine it into the plastic area of the unit. If will allow you to see the receiver behind the tint. (a pocket "mini mag" works best)

...but it should be about 1/2 way between the mail light and the 1st LED digit, just up from the bottom of the plastic lens.

:)

Go here:
http://www.scientificatlanta.com/explorerclub/

Register (its free) and you can download guides and manuals to your heart's content.

But to find the receive, just get a flashlight and shine it into the plastic area of the unit. If will allow you to see the receiver behind the tint. (a pocket "mini mag" works best)

...but it should be about 1/2 way between the mail light and the 1st LED digit, just up from the bottom of the plastic lens.

:)

Hi, I see a square with an eye in the center of it just left of the 1st digit in the panel. The only other thing behind there on the left of the square is a resister. Thanks for your help. I did register with SA, but alas no owner's manual. BTW, Does your cable co. break into your pay channels, drop the sound completely, and put on an emergency broadcast from the weather bureau??

They broke into HBO just as the Sopranos were starting last Sunday. I pay good money to NOT hear that crap on a premium ch. I already have the weather radio that notifies me. I got a stupid answer from C-cast about the FCC forcing it on us.
I think that order should be recinded!!!!

BTW, Does your cable co. break into your pay channels, drop the sound completely, and put on an emergency broadcast from the weather bureau??

They broke into HBO just as the Sopranos were starting last Sunday. I pay good money to NOT hear that crap on a premium ch. I already have the weather radio that notifies me. I got a stupid answer from C-cast about the FCC forcing it on us.
I think that order should be recinded!!!!

I have Knology currently. On the digital boxes we get a red banner at the top of the screen but never loose the sound. On the tvs that have no box, just an analog cable connection, we get a sound loss about 30 seconds before the alert and it takes about 1 minute for the alert to run, then another 30 secs. of tones before the sound returns. About 2 minutes of sound loss on those.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)