Need info on this dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-reception-devices-rule

The rule applies to video antennas including direct-to-home satellite dishes that are less than one meter (39.37") in diameter (or of any size in Alaska)

Though seriously, if close to that but a little over, I doubt they'd walk over with a tape measure and physically measure it. Just do things to camouflage it. Certain paint jobs can go a LONG way to reducing it's apparent visual footprint. Paint it a flat color, and hand-paint bushes and flowers on it, and put it in a garden area.

I had my 6 foot Sadoun c-band dish in the middle of some rhododendron bushes, and you couldn't really see it at 100 feet away. Now the 10 foot Perfect ten dish that replaced it can be seen if you walk around to the front of the bushes, but if I repainted that a less obtrusive color from what it is, even that would basically vanish into the background. But I'm in a very wooded area.

Last edited:
here are some more pics.

Dan Rose

Mu1.jpgMu2.jpgMu3.jpgMu4.jpgMu5.jpgMu6.jpgMu7.jpgMu8.jpg

What is the best way to clean up this dish? I want to paint the dish a dull gray like the ones they use on directv dishes any recommend ideas? With this dish how do I set the elevation on this there is no markings on how to set it to the correct elevation?

Dan Rose

I just get some kudzit or some good detergent and a pot-scrubber (the plastic kind, you know) and give it a light scrub and rinse. Might take two rounds if its really gunky, then I just get some krylon spray paint and have at it. I get the kind that says "For outdoor furniture and plastics". One can usually will do a 1m dish for me, might take another one if you spray the backside too.

Guess you're going to find the first satellite "blind". I'd probably use a cheap signal meter to get it close to some satellite, then blind scan to determine the satellite. Look it up at dishpointer.com and note it's elevation. Then place a straight edge vertical across the face of the dish. Take the perpendicular of that and determine the offset angle by noting the difference compared to the dishpointer.com elevation.
Maybe put an indicator on the dish that will move along the side of the mount where you could mark a elevation scale.
Another 'tool' that may calculate the offset to get you close could be Parabola Calculator 2.0
Click WIFI Calculations for offset dish calculations.

I used a 99-cent can of flat gray primer.
Tap my avatar, then look at the LNB support arms on the dish.
They are conduit with about three or four LIGHT coats.

The plastic-specific paint may be better, but I'm cheap.
Yea, dish looks like Prodelin to me, too.

I'd like to add a 1m to my collection. Trade ya for a 30inch. No, guess I won't. Yeah, I think it's a good deal. (i paid $25 for one 1.2m, the other was free, as were the two 30 inch and the 84e. I rescued the $25 dish as it was soon to be destined to become someones sign. Told 'em to buy some plywood, I'll USE the dish)

Any ideas on getting C band what can I do to pick up that up I would really like to get 103w. What could I pick up with a 1 meter dish?

Dan Rose

I like the bracket that I got to bolted up to the dish and it looks pretty neat.

Dan Rose

Did you do that DTV logo??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)