Status
Please reply by conversation.

BubahJim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
Bluefield, VA
Hi Guys,

I am new to c band. I have just got a 6 foot mesh in perfect condiction from a cousin of mine. I want to upgrade the lnb on the dish. Any advice or opinions on lnbs? What is the best for ku/c band lnb to use for a six foot dish? Thanks for the help as usual.

Bubahjim

BubahJim said:
Hi Guys,

I am new to c band. I have just got a 6 foot mesh in perfect condiction from a cousin of mine. I want to upgrade the lnb on the dish. Any advice or opinions on lnbs? What is the best for ku/c band lnb to use for a six foot dish? Thanks for the help as usual.

Bubahjim

6' is a bit small for C-band, so you will want some great lnb's like the Norsat 8115 for C-band and the 4106A for Ku-band, if you would like to get a 4dtv a 10' would be best to use, if size is a issue I would not go below 8.5'

If you need a feed for c/ku also, the corotor II plus is good.

Thanks for the advice.

Thankyou for the advice I wish it was a bit larger dish too. But ,I know the cousin who put it in and the one I am getting it from.so I know what I am getting. I will try to get a larger one later.

Bubahjim

Hell, any port in a storm I always say! If a 6 footer is all you have then it'll do fine! Bigger is always better, but work with what you have. A 1.2m is all I have for Ku and C-Band, and for what it is, it works just fine. Bluefield...know it well. Been to your local hospital several times to work on their hemotology analysers.

If I remember...

tdti1 said:
6' is a bit small for C-band, so you will want some great lnb's like the Norsat 8115 for C-band and the 4106A for Ku-band, if you would like to get a 4dtv a 10' would be best to use, if size is a issue I would not go below 8.5'

If you need a feed for c/ku also, the corotor II plus is good.

If I remember the lower temp (Kelvin) LNB's help to compensate for a smaller dish a little...my 8 footer is SUPPOSED to be marginal in Reno, NV....never seen a sparkly (except on some obscure analog transponders at the eastern end of the arc (other transponders on W3 (my east limit) are strong so it is not alignment.

NEVER seen a sparkle on any of the SATELLITE PREACHERS channels either!!:D

Finally got right on the belt with a Birdog meter, which I bought used on Ebay and then sold on ebay when I had dialed in perfectly!!!...I think it cost me about $12 in commissions etc since I got what I paid for it...:D I thought I was right on...but the Birdog tuning made life even better!!!

ANYWAY MY NORSTAT 8000(ORIG..10YRS OLD) + Norstat (forgot the #....KU LNB .6db) GETS MY VOTE TOO!:)

Regards
jeff

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)