Need manual download for DYNOSAT 5000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

onlysamiam

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Boy am I about frustrated at this point.

The manual that came with the receiver measures about 4x5 inches and looks like it was made from recycled news paper from the bottom of a parrot cage. I can not begin to see the screen shots and everything looks as it was written foe a pro. They should take you step by step through a new install, but no.......some of us actually need more help than others. Does anyone know where I can download one from?

If anyone has experience with one of these receivers I would like also to hear from you.

Thanks a bunch...Guys!
Sam

Welcome to the forum.
I don't think you're going to find anything in the line of a decent manual. Maybe we can be of some general help. The required data to be entered into an FTA receiver is pretty much the same for all brands. It's just the 'where' to place it that varies. The more detailed the info you supply directly relates to the quality of any suggestions/answers. So let's proceed.
First off, it may be of help to learn what your experience level is? FTA cannot be called 'Plug 'n Play' by any means, but after getting the terms used sorted out, it's a breeze for the most part.
It would also be nice to know what else is in the equipment list (LNBF, dish, a motor? As this determines the 'what' to be put 'where'. The brand/model#'s? And maybe what you are 'aiming' to ?
If you could, get the setup menu and list the possibilities shown.

specifacations for system

Dish: WSI YH KU-75-II (30")
Motor: Rotor Sat HH90
LNB: WSI universal twin mod. ESX522U
Receiver: Dynosat 5000
Meter: SF-95
Zip code: 17047

I made sure the pole is dead plumb, the motor is set due south "0 Deg." the Latitude is set to 40.4 Deg. and the dish elevation is set to 39.1 Deg. I have a little exp. in the past with an old c-band dish till it went to rot.
By trade I am a Tool & Die Maker/ Machine designer I do not pretend to be a expert by any standard,however I am a fairly fast learner.

Thank you for your reply and any additional assistance.
Sam

Your zipcode comes up somewhere near 40.439108,-77.351418. Unfortunately, the closest satellite receivable is at 72.0°W AMC 6. or 83.0°W AMC 9.
LNB setting should be type: Universal, L.O frequencies should be 9750/10600. (22Khz setting should 'gray out' and be unchangable as most receivers will operate it automaticallly for a Universal LNBF) In the USALS setup, enter your latitude and longetude. Satellite set up requires the satellite longetude to be entered. The receiver will then calculate the satellites E/W position from you and move the dish to it. An operational transponder has to be entered, and selected to indicate a Quality reading. 72W-AMC6 12053 Vertical polarity, SR= 6889 ( I hope that's not an S2 Transponder) 83W-AMC9 11775 Horizontal polarity, SR= 4232

You may have to 'tweak' the dish elevation and the motors rotation on the pole for max Q reading.
I hope that's enough to get you on the first satellite there.
For other freq-pol-SR's you can check TheList! (link on top of every page) or another well kept list is at global-cm.net/mpeg2central.html
Goood luck!

Hi, Last night I entered a screen and searched for a signal and was able to rec a sat with 70 percent signal quality.
today I slightly moved the antenna and have 75 percent. The info screen says it is galaxy 19 ,the trans freq is: 12054 MHz.
Where do I go from here to get addition sats? When I get a chance I will try to locate the screen to enter info. The dish looks as though it is still due south on 0 deg motor rortation.
Thank you for the reply,
Sam

Channels as follows: 1 wsre1, 2,3,4 and 5 mbc muxc 6,7 and 8 twister p1,p2,p3 9 tlmd hialea 10 cowboy e 11 chauda pat 12 chowda pat 13 lightning 14 bloom mobile

This receiver does not support USALS...so I guess this might be fun.
Sam

That is a start... Now I know the dish works and where it is looking, and i can get some broadcast. I guess the next logical progression would be to command the motor to turn the dish to another sat. What needs to be done exactly as this is not USALS. receiver?

Is the dish still 'south' and you're on 72W? It should be offset about 8-9° to the east.
For now, I wouldn't store positions, until it's tracking the arc. I think I would:
Rename the satellites in it's memory in order(E to W or W to E) Sticky: What satellite is where? **
and updating the transponder info to active ones.(So they are easier to find)
  • TheList!
  • global-cm.net/mpeg2central.html
Then it's just a matter of selecting the next satellite, moving to it, and tweak(if necessary).
Think the next sat to look for is 83W and then further west, and if your Q readings seem to be dropping, I'd adjust the motor azimuth(twist of motor on pole), and re-peak by moving the dish with the motor. repeat until at 125W or 123W. Then check the sats at 83 and 72 again, then the eastern satellites.
Go back and store positions for each in satellite setup and blind scan them.
*may only store numbers from 00 to 30(?), so then it may be an idea to start on one end as 00.
Oh, and keep notes of what you do, and the result. Easier to read, than remember, what worked or didn't work. 'Cause it'll probably take a few to get 'er 'right on'.
**I like the satellite position in the name, I.E: 95W G-3Ku 101W AMC-1
Also should add, 103W skew is 'skewy' 21 degrees(?) off so you will probably only get MS10 and MS20 channels/transponder.

stuck on 72 w motor not moving

I am stuck on 72w I am trying to move to 83w. I located a screen(tools menu-Satellite Guide) that ask for lon. lat. and sat. lat.(is sat. latitude the same as dish angle?) The screen did not ask me to save.

Then I went to the menu (Satellite Menu) that has 7 listings. They are: add satellite, edit satellite, delete satellite, auto scan, nit search, sat search, pid search.

Any thoughts where to begin to get the motor to drive the dish to 83w...I only have a little hair left!

Thank you,
Sam

Sat latitude is the position of the satellite in the sky, i.e. the satellite AMC6 @ 72W is at 72W latitude. It has nothing to do with dish angle.

You said earlier that this receiver did was not USALS-capable, but I am wondering why there was something asking for your long. and lat., that is what I have always seen in a USALS setup screen.

Would it be possible for you to post some screen shots of your menus?

Here is the information from the site where I purchased it:

DYNOSAT 5000 receiver
Receiver Features
Packed with features and quality at a very competitive price, the Dynosat 5000 offers outstanding value. It is designed for North America and has all satellites pre-installed. Fast scan of 97w in 50 seconds. It has awesome blind scan, and works with diseqc 1.2 motor. Receive hundreds of Free To Air unencrypted channels, supports up to 100 satellites and 2500 channels. Full function remote with batteries, RCA Cables, and user manual are included. Receiver is covered by a one year warranty.

Complies with DVB-S/MPEG-2 standards
OSD in many languages
More than 2500 channel capacity
Super low 2.1 dB tuner
Highly reliable switching power supply (AC 80-270 Volts 47?63Hz)
Support PAL / NTSC / AUTO TV systems
Selectable left and right channels or stereo audio output.
AV RCA output
SCPC and MCPC receivable from all free digital programs.
Progressive scanning function
PID manual channel setting capable
Supports automatic and NIT channel searching
Blind Scan supported
Compatible with C/KU band satellites
Support Universal LNB and Standard LNB and C-band LNB
22K LNB Switching control,
multiple LNB switching control (DiSEqC1.2)
Motor control with DiSEqC 1.2
Signal strength and Quality Indicators
Multiple images display function
Games

Last edited by a moderator:
Satellite menu.jpgTools Menu Satellite guide.jpg

Hope these are of help. Sorry for the poor quality...how do you capture the screen without the mess the camera sees.
The tools menu satellite guide when info is input and start is selected the orientation and elevation will show values. A screen quickly flashes by, I think it says it saved. If you want to see something else ask.
Thanks...Sam

I am attaching a pdf file of the owners manual. The box is not USALS capable. The screenshot showing latitude and longitude is for determining azimuth and elevation of a given satellite. To get to the motor menu, goto-->edit satellite-->positioner--->change to diseq1.2 and press ok. First thing to do is mark all your dish angles and motor angles so you have a reference to get back to. Make sure the box will move your dish ok. Under 'movement', have the box go east and west and make sure the motor is moving and can move off your satellite and back to the satellite. The power supply is not as robust as it could be. A shorter cable run to the motor could help in some instances. If it can do this ok, then you have to change position No. off of NULL in order for the box to memorize and store the satellite position. There are more steps to fully align everything, but this should get you started. If you need to move the motor to 83, you can edit the satellite AMC9 and enable the positioner. In the Diseqc1.2 menu, make sure you are on an active transponder (if not add one in the NIT SEARCH from main menu) and then move the dish west with the movement function till you get a signal. It shouldn't have to move too much.

Attachments

• Dynosat5000manual.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 273
  • dynosatmotor.jpg
    dynosatmotor.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 339
Thanks for the nanual file

I finally figured that the screen shot was not for usals and found my way to the positioner menu. I could sometimes get the motor to move the dish. I took a small portable TV out to the dish connected it with a 6 foot cable and it worked fine. I connected it to a 25 foot cable and it worked fine, however when I took it back into the house and connected it to a 46 foot run problems again. I purchased a used receiver on ebay. It moves the dish fine. All of this prior to your post.
The dealer is going to take it back and refund the purchase value.
You are the only person with any understanding of these receivers that I have received any meaningful response from.
Thank you for the file and the info; and what is your opinion of the Dinosat 5000, mine is not so good!

Thank you,
Sam

The dealer is going to take it back and refund the purchase value.
You are the only person with any understanding of these receivers that I have received any meaningful response from.

Sorry that you didn't receive meaningful replies. No one owns one as they seem not to be well developed or widely distributed. Looks like a candidate for very basic single satellite reception receiver.

Thank you all for your responses!

Brian, To you and anyone else that I may have inadvertently offended, I offer my most humble and sincere apology. All of the responses were in there own way of some help. What I meant, and you touched on, was a personal hands on evaluation. I could not locate any factory support or a site to download a manual from. That is why when I received a hands on response and a manual file to download I was greatly relieved and left the post you quote from. I am still new to the ku band and am learning, however with my limited experience with the Dynosat 5000 I would have to agree that it is a fixed satellite entry level unit, as it does not support USALS and has a very anemic power supply. I must however say; once I got acquainted with it and it’s limitations I sort of liked it. Sincerely, Sam

Brian at SatelliteAV actually has a new receiver that is just hitting the market. It should be great for most users. It is called the MicroHD and there is a special deal going on now. I will be calling on Monday to order my own. There is a great thread here that helped develop many of the features. please take the time to read through it if you are interested. Iceberg also did a great review of the new receiver and that is also in the forums here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)