Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
Looking for new printer. Do use it for colors, my old HP inkjet was slow, but the colors brite. Our new HP C5180 colors are muted at best. A power failure causes the gears to grind:( and a error message power unit off immediately to prevent damage.

would like good quality I use it for flyers sometimes, use this for my business

One thing I will tell you, stay away from Lexmark or Dell Printers.

Ink is very expensive for both, and with Dell, you have to buy from Dell (might be able to buy Lexmark and then change it so it works, but don't count on that, and might be able to get from 3rd party (E-Bay maybe?), but again, don't count on it).

Beyond that, I really like my HP AIO printer (If slow is a problem with old one, perhaps buy the $150 or so model, so you get better quality and speed).

Other brands don't know much about, so can't help you there.

actually i didnt mind the lower speed, but old printer died.

new printer designed so power failure can kill it is pretty stupid....

new printer has individual cartridges for each color of ink, not that would be fine except colors look muddy.

my promos need to look brite and bold.

I read kodak was about to start a ink price war, was that only for photo size printers?

You are using premium photo (glossy) paper, right?

Color lasers cost more up front, but if you use them regularly, their life cycle costs are lower.

You might want to read Scott's thread on color printers.

If you are looking to print color in inkjet format and looking for great speed take a look at the HP officejet Pro K550

I have tried a bunch of different ones and this is by far teh bast for me. IT has an option for duplex printing too and I have that. It works great. The colors of ink are in sepeate cartriges so wasted ink is at a minimum. It is FAST too.

Downsides, the only thing it does not ahve that I would liek to have is an envlope feed for manually feeding envelopes for address printing. Sort of a laser it is the best printer I have ever used. Resonable priced too.

I had to replace my Canon S820 a few months ago. I'm still using it for non photo items in my office, primarily to use up a huge stock of ink cartridges I had just bought. As long as I set it on the very best setting it isn't too bad, but the printer head is shot. Mine lasted about 2 years, much longer than many others, apparently. I wasn't sure I wanted to buy another Canon after this experience, but after a lot of research I ended up with a Canon iP6700D. Does a very good job. The ink is not cheap, but using good paper and the Canon ink the pictures are expected to last a very long time if cared for.

if you need glossy photos i use the epson r800. photos are great! i use it for business and am very happy with the quality. has 8 different ink colors. one catch though, you need to use the epson paper, anyother the quality goes down. if you decide to go with this, let me know i can get the paper and ink at better prices then i have seen anywhere.

I've been extremely happy with the HP Deskjet 6980. Bought several for the office and one for the home...I believe it is still available. I was getting mine at Office Depot. This model is pretty quick, nice PQ, and the built-in wireless networking is nice too.

Epson has been the best I've ever used. When my R200 dies, I will get another Epson.

If you don't mind using generic ink, it can be had very cheaply, online. :)
Good luck with whatever you get.

tried some expensive photo quality paper in my printer HP C5180 all new ink cartridges too still dont think the colors are as vibrant.

Relocted computers at wifes request. May add a computer to network somehow, I have wireless router although all computers are ethernet.

My FIOS box started acting bad verizon replaced it on sunday. phone calls were noisey, internet appears faster too. whatever caused phone troubles may have zapped internet too.

verizon tech was very nice and knowledgable

shopping today, dont know what I will do thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts