Need Opinion for Home distribution

Left Field Fan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
I have a new home and everything is prewired into a box in a closet. I have a 622( family room ) and 625 ( bedroom ). I have the 625 sending to the closet distribution box for tv2 on chanell 73. It goes to every room in the house except the family room. I have an extra line from the family room to the dist. box. I know I can setup tv2 on my 622 to a different channel than my 625. Can I just use an antenna splitter backwards in the dist. box to combine both box out signals and send them for home distribution? I would like to have the choice of watching my 622 or 625 in all my other rooms. If not what combiner would I need, or is this not possible? Thanks in advance for the help .

Should be able to use a reverse 2 way splitter to combine both signals.

Just watch your seperation on the channels, try to use Cable channels, instead of broadcast channels such as 72 and above!

This will also work too..
The Dish Store - Powered by Metro25

Just run the 2nd feed from the other receiver in the OTA port. You may have to use autinuators that came with the 622 and 625 since the home node is an amplified splitter.

I even used a 3-way splitter in reverse to combine 622 722 and OTA signals using channels 60 62 64 66 for some separation. Some tuners do not go above 70, new broadcast standard will max at 52(?).

Note cable can use adjacent channels because they control amplitudes. Digital channels can be successive if from same tower or up to say 3 in a row, if not, and can be next to analog by local observation.

Older Dish receivers use channel 3 or 4 and this can be a trouble if mixed with OTA same or adjacent.
-Ken

Last edited:
Thanks, guys. I used a $5 splitter/combiner from radio shack and set all of the modulator outputs to different channels. Works great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts