Need opinion on my dish/ota setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Atizman3

Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Arizona
I'm remodeling, as part of the process I am adding some capability so would like some feedback on my setup.

This is my first post so will try to upload a diagram of what I want to do and would appreciate feedback on whether I am on the right track.

Layout schematic.jpg

Reactions: . Raine
That should work. I have a 1000.4EA done this way feeding two 612's and one 722. So, I have no need for the DPP44 in your diagram. But I do have the diplexers and separators (no triplexer here, but that would be simpler) for my receivers, all of which have OTA tuners connected to a roof antenna.

That should work. I have a 1000.4EA done this way feeding two 612's and one 722. So, I have no need for the DPP44 in your diagram. But I do have the diplexers and separators (no triplexer here, but that would be simpler) for my receivers, all of which have OTA tuners connected to a roof antenna.

Thanks for your response. Thinking about this further, I have a question about the diplexers. I notice that Holland are approved by Dish network. However I notice that there is a version that passes current (blue) and one that does not (red). I am not sure which ones to use. Since I am adding the DPP44 with its own power insertion, do I still need to have power going from each receiver to the DPP44 ? If so, then my original assumption to use 4 of the "blue" diplexers was correct, otherwise maybe I should use the "red" version?

I would have to look that up about the Holland diplexers to be sure. But IIRC both are power-passing on the sat side. One color is rated for about 1A, and the other for about 2A. I think you need whichever color is rated for 2A to power that DPP44. <-- from memory :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts