Need OTA Guide info updated - DIRT member?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually, more threads need to be made for this topic, every city, every issue
Well, it's pretty much happening (slowly). A long time ago, as you know, they combined all of the various threads into one master thread for this. That thread is the one where one of the DIRT people said Dish won't do anything. People continued to post in it for 1-2 years, adding their market's details, to no avail. That thread has fallen away now though....

Dish/Dirt needs to respond with a official word if they "don't give a f$$$" instead of hiding.
First of DIRT has nothing to do with Programming or Guide data. Thats way above their pay grade.

Secondly as I mentioned to you before I talked with DISH about this at CES and was told that there were no changes going to be made. I don't understand why this is but that is what I was told.

Third if you are going to keep posting the same thing over and over again, we are going to start removing them and if needed ban you as it turns into having a valid complaint (which you do have) into just annoying spamming.

I wish I had something better for you. I really wish I did. It is as frustrating for us as it is you.

Actually, more threads need to be made for this topic, every city, every issue
I was going to do this for the Dayton and (partial) Cincinnati markets using DishAnywhere as I'm not at home right now. Through DA, they are filtering out channels that don't have guide data (the ones that read either "Digital Service" or just the station's call letters - depends on what receiver you have) !

Maybe I should create a master thread with areas missing guide data? Would that help things?
There already is one. I can't find it though.... I search with "OTA", which returns a lot of results, but there's a maximum of (8) pages returned when searching.

It was posted by dfergie ...years ago.

------------

At this point, while I'm sure the markets haven't been updated with guide data, maybe a new thread is better now anyway.

Regarding this very issue, I snail-mailed a letter 4 weeks ago to the technology folks at DISH. After no response, I emailed a follow-up to the same yesterday. This afternoon a DISH representative called my cell phone. He told me that the best course of action is to contact the engineers of the local TV stations affected so they can communicate with the DISH engineers involved with the guide data. He didn't promise positive results, but stated this is the best action to take especially if those local station engineers receive a large number of complaints about the issue. I plan to do this, however I agree with most here that this is not a priority for DISH.

Dish Quality said twice this a "BANDWIDTH ISSUE". Makes no sense. Are Dish employees just plain lazy to fix things, cant fix things or just don't give a damn?
I hope the answer is NO and Dish people can fix this.

Good luck, no Dirt member has responded to my request yet for Las Vegas issues. So far they appear to ignore the issue.....useless.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/las-vegas-ota-subchannel-guide-inaccurate.344381/

You were expecting DIRT to respond to your "request" (Are Dish employees just plain lazy to fix things, cant fix things or just don't give a damn?)? Seriously? You call them "lazy" and "useless", then expect some kind of help.... They have helped a ton of people here, and are always following up with issues.

Reactions: papachops
You were expecting DIRT to respond to your "request" (Are Dish employees just plain lazy to fix things, cant fix things or just don't give a damn?)? Seriously? You call them "lazy" and "useless", then expect some kind of help.... They have helped a ton of people here, and are always following up with issues.
Rwwatson from Englewood, CO makes a very objective point.

He told me that the best course of action is to contact the engineers of the local TV stations affected so they can communicate with the DISH engineers involved with the guide data. He didn't promise positive results, but stated this is the best action to take especially if those local station engineers receive a large number of complaints about the issue.
He is deflecting the issue. This is likely not the local station's problem. You can confirm this by going to http://www.zap2it.com/ and seeing what guide data shows up for the station in question. I can tell you that for my market, the guide data at Zap2It is correct and is missing on Dish's end. In that case, and if it's the same as yours, there's nothing the station can do.

Matter of fact, years ago, I was in communication with the CE at our local PBS and he tried to help get the guide data for his station fixed on Dish's end. He had a "special" phone number to reach people at Dish as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: GaryPen
Maybe I should create a master thread with areas missing guide data? Would that help things?

There already is one. I can't find it though.... I search with "OTA", which returns a lot of results, but there's a maximum of (8) pages returned when searching.

It was posted by dfergie ...years ago.

------------

At this point, while I'm sure the markets haven't been updated with guide data, maybe a new thread is better now anyway.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...-or-displaying-digital-service.246013/page-19

I did not call them anything, it was a question, also I stated: "I hope the answer is NO and Dish people can fix this." The non-responce, arrogance and diversion will answer the question and call names, not me.

BTW every other pay tv provider has good guide data. We all tout how much better Dish stuff is, I was expecting better.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)