Need pointers from the Moderators here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mod on a couple of sites.. remember your not there to be the number one poster, your not there to be the answer everything guy, your there to keep peace and be helpfull.
Try to keep civil with the unruly members and never get frustrated by those that don't use Google Search and remeber it's a hobby not a career..

Last edited:
I have been a obesityhelp.com mod for 5 or 6 years. My area is a busy but friendly Q&A.

A few basic things!

The less moderating the better. When I make a decision it will be clear to everyone why I did whatever I did. LIKE dont mess around on minor issues, use your power clout for big issues. Like flame wars! Follow the TOS closely. I protect the innocent and clueless.

Its a volunteer job but I take it seriously. For the last few years I kinda run my own show:) Since its VERY CLEAR why I did whatever they dont tend to appeal to management. We had a big group of medelsome mods. they werent replaced as they quit:)

I try to remain in the background, and in this subject look for what could be medical emergencies and tell them directly call your doc or go to the ER. Better a nuisance than dead!

Its generally a GREAT IDEA to have a second identity to help keep the peace or comment on certain subjects. Its thje ONLY board I have a second identity but se it extremely rarely!

!!!!!!!!!!!THE LESS MODERATION THE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats dragon for you, and yes sadly the morbidly obese eat themselves to death thru no fault of their own. I dont think he was joking............

Just look around obesity is on the rise:( over half the US is seriously overweight:(

sedentary lifestyles, carbonated beverages that stretch out the stomach so your never full, grandsized meals, food chemically altered to increase sales, genetics, the list is endless.

the heath troubles from obesity are horrible and can cripple the economy.

The board http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/information/recent.php

Is full of people trying to get their life back. Its a serious business some die FROM surgery but far more die early from obesity.

Being MO takes a average of 15 years off your life....

average man lives today to 72, deduct 15 and how close are you to closing out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts