Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteGAL

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Amherst, NY (Buffalo suburb)
I am trying to help a friend that has DTV. DTV will give her up to $100 credit on her bill when she buys a new receiver. I called for her because she has a 6 yo receiver and needs to update to a receiver with digital sound to hook up to her surround sound system. I have E* myself so I know nothing about the DTV receivers. She wants nothing more... no Tivo or anything. What receiver would she be able to get from BestBuy or Circuit City?

then if she just want the standard reciever then the d-10 will work for her

charper1 said:
I wouldn't go to CC or BB unless they have too, but look for the standard Hughes HAH-SA is a good basic model with digital out if I remember right. You can also go to http://www.valueelectronics.com/ and mention you are a member here.

They mentioned BB or CC and she has to supply her proof of purchase in order to start the credit on her account. I dont know if an online purchase would be applicable.

SatelliteGAL said:
Does the D10 have digital audio ? It didnt say it so I assumed it didnt.

yeah i think they do but not 100% sure on it.

charper1 said:
look on the D* website under user guides

I did that but they have a huge list of receivers. Not being a D* subscriber I can't tell which ones are current. That's why I turned to the SatelliteGuys forum. I knew people here had the answers.

Perhaps someone can answer this. The CSR says this is not possible. If she purchased basic Tivo would she be able to use it only as a satellite receiver and not pay for and use the Tivo features?

SatelliteGAL said:
Perhaps someone can answer this. The CSR says this is not possible. If she purchased basic Tivo would she be able to use it only as a satellite receiver and not pay for and use the Tivo features?

what is there reason she can't?

SatelliteGAL said:

i am sure they will not let her cause they get extra fee for the tivo i quess if she is willing to pay to extra charges for the tivo but no use the features i am sure they will let her do it that way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)