Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Goode VA
Hello all,

I hate my 921. :)

now that's off my chest ... :)

anyways ...

I have a 921 that worked just as poorly as a regular 921.
By that I mean it worked well as long as you follow the rules and understood that the software was pretty much garbage in certain circumstances.

anyways (again) ...

I finally got lucky! I came home one day and found that one of my tuners no longer worked. Tuner two is officially quite bad and does not respond at all on this 921. Everything else works as before ... :rolleyes:

anyways (3) ...

Wonderful news for me, because this meant I could finally justify getting a 942. So I did. and so far I feel like i've moved to a different planet where things actually work as expected and well! Happy me!!!

anyways (4) ...

The point ...

Can anyone suggest how to get any money for this wonderful old 921? I do not want to mislead some unsuspecting ebayer ... but I figure the people here may have a suggestion.

So ... what's my best chance at getting anything for my single tuner 921?

thanks in advance for suggestions.
Keith

First, get it replaced with a working one ("working" being a relative term). No one will buy it with a bad tuner. If it's under a year old, have Dish replace it. If it's out of warranty, get the DHPP for $5.99, have them replace it, and cancel the DHPP immediately after receiveing the replacement.

Then, you can sell it still wrapped in the plastic. I've heard they still sell for over $400 on eBay.

You might be able to unload it unethically to an unsuspecting sat newbie on Ebay.

The best solution, one that will be accurately befit the design and operability of the 921 but will not net you any money, is to attach a sturdy chain to your 921 and place the unit into service as a boat anchor.

I do not want anyone else to suffer this insufferable @#$@#! so will not do that to ebayer. But if someone is interested in it for the emergency replacement parts, then that would be ideal.

I have removed it as a valid receiver already, so not certain I could trick echostar into replacing an item that they already knowingly sold (broken) as working. Don't want to go through any more hastle with this bad boy.

Wish I had a boat, I'm afraid that it might cause a Zero Second Restraint as an anchor though.

So ... any more options?

hmmm... Will it work as an ota digital tuner without sat feeds? Might let father in-law play with it in his work shop if it will.

It has officially been sold for parts. :)

anyways ...

Thanks for the suggestions to all.

Now back to the glory (so far) of the 942!

gotta love nbr!!!!!

and three recording streams at once!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts