Need recommendation - DVR 522

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fibonaccov

Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Hi,

I'm really glad I found this place - lots of great quality content.

I've been a Dishnetwork customer for 4+ years - having upgraded my receiver twice already.

I now have another TV in another (close) room from where my main DVR (510) is.

I'm thinking of buying a DVR 522 - I found a brand new one (sealed) never used/registered for less than $200.

I'm guessing that I could use the 522 to server both TVs in the house.

Now, is there any advantages of keeping the 522 as my main receiver and have the 510 installed in my second room? besides more HD space - I'm not realizing how good it is to share a 522 between 2 TVs - can both record, pause, etc?

I would appreciate some help/recommendation on which way to go...

Am hoping that Dishnetwork will do the swap with the 510 as it has never been used - I've read threads here where folks had to email Dishnetwork in order to get their 522 activated...I will follow the same route I guess...

Thanks in advance.

--fib

Good luck on getting your 522 activated. Let us know how it goes. As far as the 522 on the second tv, it's just like having to individual DVR's. Both TV's have full functions. Up side is you don't have two boxes and you don't have the second receiver fee if you keep a phone line plugged in. Down side you can really only get coaxial hook up for the second tv.

See the thread on 522 activation - it does not seem to be a problem as long as the 522 has never been activated before.

And the 522 TV2 connection does have composite video and L/R analog audio outputs(RCA connections). So if your second TV is within ~25' of the receiver and you can run the A/V cables, you can have better quality than the RF connection. (You could potentially go '50 or more with very high quality cables, or even further with an A/V amplifier, but it gets impracticle pretty quickly.)

Ok - thanks a lot guys - so in short, I would not really need to have my current 510 for the second room - the distance is under 25' - I'll just draw a cable under the house to get there...I doubt the installation guy will do it for me ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)