Need recommendation of installers in Sunnyvale/Bay Area, CA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

usctrojan98

Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
I used to have dish at my apartment in April 2005. I disconnected because I had a 508 PVR but did not get 100 signal, effectively not getting the 9-day enhanced program guide.

After going through pains of comcast cable TV, I decided to give it a shot again, to get dish installed and hope to get 110 signal too. My installation appointment was for this morning.

The installer was quite passive and as soon as he saw the signal was not available if he put the dish on the balcony grill, he gave up. Now, earlier, the dish was installed by a dish network installer with a 1.5 foot extension pole going _horizontally_ out from the grill. It was quite a solid installation and the only problem as I said above, was that 110 signal was absent.

I need recommendations for local installers from Sunnyvale/San Jose (Silicon Valley/SF Bay Area) who can come and be a little 'outside the box' in their imagination of how to get the dish installed on my balcony. Anyone have any good experiences with local installers?

And of course, if someone tells me that I don't need to get 110 signal just for the enhanced (9-day) program guide, I won't mind not getting the 110 signal. Having a PVR without being able to see much in the future is a little frustrating.

Thanks in advance...

Unfortunately the 9 days guide is on 110. From I've read in your post you've had two installers that couldn't get 110 already. It might not be possible to get 110 from your balcony. Is there any other location that you can have it installed?

You may want to call some of these retailers in your area and see if they do installations:

http://locators.interactive.xo.com/Echostar/Echostar.do?zip=94085

RandallA said:
Unfortunately the 9 days guide is on 110. From I've read in your post you've had two installers that couldn't get 110 already. It might not be possible to get 110 from your balcony. Is there any other location that you can have it installed?
You may want to call some of these retailers in your area and see if they do installations:
http://locators.interactive.xo.com/Echostar/Echostar.do?zip=94085

Thanks for the link, I will call one or some of them.

There was one installer who could install what he thought was 'everything'. He assumed that since 119 and 110 are so close to each other, that if I get something, I would be getting everything.

The installer who came yesterday made no attempt to do much with the installation, so I doubt if I can consder it a legit attempt.

Ultimately, I may not get 110 at all and that would be sad. But I want to make sure that all attempts were made to see if it can be got.

My bedroom has a better line of sight to the satellites, but first of all having the dish in the bedroom is a huge no-no with the wife :), and on top of that, running the cables from the bedroom to the living room is going to be another big problem.

My brother lives in Santa Clara and he wanted to get E* in his condo. The installer showed up looked around in the balcony and said that he couldn't get 119 and left. I asked him if the installer even try another location and he said nope. I went to his place and found a spot that would've worked but my brother said that he didn't want to try calling again.

Might be worth calling somebody else that wants the business, usually local retailers will at least try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)