Need servo & H-H wires

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Rather than paying the high costs for the C-band ribbon cable, I was wondering if I can buy electrical wire from Home Depot and use it to power my lnb servo motor and my h-h motor. Would this work? If so, is there a particular type of wire I need? Thanks.

Hi rjc3895,

I buy the 5 wire in one used for underground wiring to landscape lighting for the 3 servo wires, and the two pulse wires on the actuator from Home Depot. The color scheme is off, but you can write down orange for brown, and green for blue. The red, white, and black match.

Lowes has a dual stranded wire that I buy which is used for the same thing, and I think it is rated for 30 volts. I think it is a #16 wire. This wire is black and is differentiated by writing on one side and none on the other. Just write down which one goes to which.

That gives me the two bigger wires for M1 and M2, plus the 5 other wires needed to control a BUD with a servo.

I have used that wiring scheme for the 3 BUDS I currently have up now, and the one has been working fine since last August. All the above are rated for direct burial, or direct sunlight.

The BUD I took down today came with almost 100 feet of ribbon cable, so when I use that it will be my first experience.

Hope that helps,

Fred

I started out with buying extension cord from C Bay cheap.and used the 3 strans forwhat i needed and then seperated anither set to use the 1 stran that i needed,worked great.and your right it was much cheaper then the ribbon,altho the ribbon is better.simply cause its all in one.Make sure the wire is all weather for outdoors and burial

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)