Need some advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CJPC

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jun 27, 2004
Need some advice - Multi receiver issues, featuring lies and more!

Read last post for more info, seems they lied to me to sign me up!

Ok, dumping comcast again, just charging wayyy too much, paying 30 for 2 HD chans + my HD locals, not to mention another 50 for HSI, its such a pain, and im gonna go back to dish, and lucky for me I moved to a bigger place too..

Plz Look over these #'s, see if they sound ok?

Everything pack - 87
625 DVR (2 rooms) - 0
510 DVR (1 room) - 5
811 HD (1 room) -5
4x301 (4 rooms) -20

for a grand total of 127 a month, roughly, with $50 + 20 down (625) , and getting 50 back via dha

Would cost 1st month 37 after credits, 87 2-3 after 12 off 3 months and free hbo discount, 116 3-6 hd discount and 126 6-10, and ill prob add VOOM too a little later on!

Total of 8 rooms, i talked w/ EODN, they said order the max possible (4, and add 2 more on tele) and before installer comes, call EODN, and they will auth the other 2 for the installer to put in (though i can set it all up myself, but rules are rules = bah, prob for account sharing or some bs)

Said extra boxes = 99 each, figure I can score some from ebay/flea market, i still have my old switches (bought em off ebay a while back), and said 60/ box to install, but figuring if i install em myself, just need the installer to verify there HERE

That all sound ok?

Thanks guys!!

Well if you are doing the DHA promotion you could get the 625, 510, and 811 as free equipment. They are gonna use a DP quad if you are in an area that only needs a Dish 500 or they are gonna use a DP34 with a Superdish if you are in an area that needs that. So you would need to have a DP34 or DPP44 depending on where you are for the VOOM later. Also you are gonna have to buy thoses 4 301's and the switches that you will need to hook them up.

Right, I am gonna get those as free equipment, and also need a dish @ 61.5 for some other locals. I do already have the switches i got 2 dp34's from the old residence, and do know i need to get the 301's!

Thanks
CJ

Personally if you have the capacity get two 322's instead of those four 301's. Will cost you 10 less a month. Really depends on how many cables you have to work with. Then you will not have to go thru all the fun of getting Dish to allow 7 receivers on your acount.

spoke w/ someone last thursday nite, @ auditing dept, said it would be no problem whatsoever on a residential account, however nobody beleives it, and there is magically no record of the call!

Well, having some issues, all CSR's say that the Auditing dept has never authorizes beyond 6 (which is BS as other people have) and that theres no record of my call a few days ago, and ONTOP of that, the fact that a CSR gave me a # for 'EODN' but it turned out to be the fraud/auditing dept, who instantly put a note on my account, saying nothing over 6

Edit, even spoke w/ EODN, said cant do w/o paying for an additonal acct

spoke w/ someone @ commercial services, said can set up a modulated acct for 0, cept receiver fees!

called audit team, says call commercial, called them,says call audit team.

HOW do i get it SETUP for more than 6 tuners w/o a ridiculus monthly fee! I know others have gotten it, and was even told it would be NO PROBLEM!

CJ

Arg, they called me back (I sent off an email to CEO), they said the same thing...

How are you guys activating service over 6? And it does not help the fact that they treat me like a thief whenever I call, i dunno whats so hard about establishing service, I have great credit, and its not an issue!

Any help would be great!

Thanks
CJ

Yeah, i thought of 322's, but besides all the ppl being plain outright jerks, (cept for the guys from commercial, they = very nice), lady kept saying we dont sell em, activate em etc..

What im thinking of doing for now, is activating the 625, 811, 510, for 3 receivers, and 3 more 301's till i can sell the others, as I cant return stuff to the swap meet :/

Just a matter of getting them to do it, as half of them keep saying '6 tuner limit' while in the residential agreement it says 6 receivers, so im GONNA try to activate all those tomorrow (when the install) and see if it works, as one 301 will be a 7th tuner, but a 6th box, see if they give me problems

Thanks Dave!

Another question is do you really need that many different receivers? Do you just have that many TV's so you want to light them up. You could just split the signal from the 2nd tuner of the 625 and carry the remote around.

Actually yes, the kids always fight over the TV, we have cable (not for long luckily), and its ridiculus @ $9 a box, not to mention to get everything (hbo etc) + the boxes i need its like $170!

And what I hate, the kids only watch TV at night before going to bed, there out for the rest of the day! Seems sometime this/next week im gonna pickup a 322, just dont wanna spend $$ as I already have 4 301's!

Thanks Again!
CJ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)