Need some help, MRV Install issues...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AriesGodofWar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Fenton, Mo
I need some help here. I will start by saying that I have now had a Directv Installer at my house for a total of 8 hours over 2 days. Round 3 begins tomorrow morning.

What I ordered: Whole House HD DVR with Cinema Plus (HR-24) + 2 HD Receivers (H-24)

Okay, I am a former Dish Network Subscriber who just ordered Direct. My house was wired for Dish, I had a 622 in my basement theater. Tuner 1 operated the TV right there, and Tuner 2 was run through a splitter and sent to the living room and bedroom upstairs. After coming Saturday, spending 3 hours trying to figure out how/where to install, he then realized that he did not have the right LNB, so he rescheduled for Sunday. The tech used the Original RG6 from the Dish Install, connected a splitter, ran one line to the HR-24 (installed power inserter here) in the basement and a second line to the H-24 in the living room upstairs. So far so good. Both boxes see each other.

The problem comes in when he ran another line from the box on the dish into the side of my bed room. He hooked this to the H-24 there, and the box gets a signal and is usable, however, what it does not do is see the other 2 receivers. Also, off this same run is a coax that connects to the "internet box" (not sure what this is called in D* terms.) This is plugged into the back of my router in the next room. The issue is, though it is hardwired to my router, it is not detecting a network signal, nor is my network realizing it is there. I found this curious because the receiver off this same run was not seeing the 2 other receivers, and perhaps the issues are related? (Issue is not the router, tried directly wiring into the back of my cable modem and same issue.) The internet box has a green top light and a flashing yellow bottom.

The tech had only 4 months experience and I felt bad for him. They are supposed to be sending some guy with 12 years+ under his belt Monday morning to troubleshoot it. Any ideas what the issue could possibly be? As fas as I know, the internet and 3rd receiver are both on newly run cable, so I do not think it could be my DishNetwork wiring that was the issue, could it? Any suggestions appreciated. Sorry this is far from a technical analysis, I am not too down with all the D* item names. Just want this whole thing to work......:confused:

I need some help here. I will start by saying that I have now had a Directv Installer at my house for a total of 8 hours over 2 days. Round 3 begins tomorrow morning.

What I ordered: Whole House HD DVR with Cinema Plus (HR-24) + 2 HD Receivers (H-24)

Okay, I am a former Dish Network Subscriber who just ordered Direct. My house was wired for Dish, I had a 622 in my basement theater. Tuner 1 operated the TV right there, and Tuner 2 was run through a splitter and sent to the living room and bedroom upstairs. After coming Saturday, spending 3 hours trying to figure out how/where to install, he then realized that he did not have the right LNB, so he rescheduled for Sunday. The tech used the Original RG6 from the Dish Install, connected a splitter, ran one line to the HR-24 (installed power inserter here) in the basement and a second line to the H-24 in the living room upstairs. So far so good. Both boxes see each other.

The problem comes in when he ran another line from the box on the dish into the side of my bed room. He hooked this to the H-24 there, and the box gets a signal and is usable, however, what it does not do is see the other 2 receivers. Also, off this same run is a coax that connects to the "internet box" (not sure what this is called in D* terms.) This is plugged into the back of my router in the next room. The issue is, though it is hardwired to my router, it is not detecting a network signal, nor is my network realizing it is there. I found this curious because the receiver off this same run was not seeing the 2 other receivers, and perhaps the issues are related? (Issue is not the router, tried directly wiring into the back of my cable modem and same issue.) The internet box has a green top light and a flashing yellow bottom.

The tech had only 4 months experience and I felt bad for him. They are supposed to be sending some guy with 12 years+ under his belt Monday morning to troubleshoot it. Any ideas what the issue could possibly be? As fas as I know, the internet and 3rd receiver are both on newly run cable, so I do not think it could be my DishNetwork wiring that was the issue, could it? Any suggestions appreciated. Sorry this is far from a technical analysis, I am not too down with all the D* item names. Just want this whole thing to work......:confused:

"internet box' = Cinema Connection Kit or Internet Connection Kit (ICK)(Deca+Deca power supply)

If this was me, I would start by resetting all rcvrs to network defaults.
-Dont just turn off but UNPLUG all rcvrs. (Turning off just turns backlights off)
-Unplug ICK, 30 count, plug back in.
-Turn on HDDVR 1st.
-Verify all green lights on Deca, (If not, I would run new line. If not still, replace ICK)
-When you get 3 green lights on Deca and HDDVR is booted up COMPLETLY (your watching TV)
-Menu, Setup, System Setup, Network, Advanced, (please wait), Connect, Congratulations blah blah.
-Next turn on HD. Boot up completly then repeat steps above (Menu, system, etc)
-Record on DVR, Verify on HD's.

-Still cant view on all?
-Unplug all again, wait 1 min.
-Plug up DVR, wait on programming
-Plug up HD, wait on programming
-Should work now

-If still doesnt work. Tell installer that sucks and to run new RG6.

Thanks, I will try the above and see how that goes. I tried something else, and not sure it is helpful, however, I thought the power inserter should work between any receiver and the wall. I tried moving it to the receiver in the bedroom that the network is not seeing, and when I did, my entire system had no power. I am not sure if this is indicative of any particular issue, but found it odd that it did not power my system from there. I had thought it should work from any receiver?

"internet box' = Cinema Connection Kit or Internet Connection Kit (ICK)(Deca+Deca power supply)

If this was me, I would start by resetting all rcvrs to network defaults.
-Dont just turn off but UNPLUG all rcvrs. (Turning off just turns backlights off)
-Unplug ICK, 30 count, plug back in.
-Turn on HDDVR 1st.
-Verify all green lights on Deca, (If not, I would run new line. If not still, replace ICK)
-When you get 3 green lights on Deca and HDDVR is booted up COMPLETLY (your watching TV)
-Menu, Setup, System Setup, Network, Advanced, (please wait), Connect, Congratulations blah blah.
-Record on DVR, Verify on HD's.

-Still cant view on all?
-Unplug all again, wait 1 min.
-Plug up DVR, wait on programming
-Should work now

-If still doesnt work. Tell installer that sucks and to run new RG6.

Okay, so I did just as you advised and it did not help. The basement and the Living room can see one another, but I get "coax not connected" for the network status on the Bedroom TV, also, my ICK has a solid green power light and a flashing Amber bottom light. No amount of resetting is helping.

Flashing amber (c.Link) on the DECA (ICK) = no connection to the DECA cloud (network). None of the DECA lights are related to the CAT5 connection. The DECA must be on its own coax to the splitter, and it will have its own power adapter. If it is connected inline on the same coax as a receiver, not only will it NOT work, but it will block the networking signal from getting to the H24 (they have a DECA built in). Remove the DECA from that line and connect the coax directly to the H24. Then reset the H24, and it should now see the HR24.

Okay, after the 3rd Visit from the Directv Techs, they determined there was a Bandstop splitter hidden behind the wall from my Dishnetwork service that was run to feed the 2nd Tuner. (It appeared the line ran straight from outside and was clear, but it apparently zigged for a short distance and had a bandstop in the short portion). This band stop was apparently blocking the low frequency signal used to communicate to the DECA cloud. In any case, a line was run to bypass that run of x-Dishnetwork cable, and all is now working properly. Thanks for the ideas and assistance. Now just trying to get used to the system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)