Need some networking tips

zer0cool

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2009
Arlington, TX
So, I've got my shiny new 922 installed, and now I feel the itch to upgrade my home networking.
I've got Roadrunner Turbo (15.0 Mbps) broadband.
DLink Wireless-G Router
Netgear Homeplug 85Mbps adapters

The Internet Connection is in the home office. My PC is plugged directly into the router, along with a Netgear Homeplug adapter.
Our master Bedroom has another Netgear adapter, with connections for our 722K, and Panasonic blu-Ray player.
There's another Netgear adapter in our Theater room,with connections for the Xbox360 and PS3. The 722K was plugged in here at one point, but the 922 is using it's own Homeplug (Power cord plugged directly into the wall outlet).
The third Netgear adapter is in my Son's room for his PC, Xbox360, and Dish 622.

I'm wondering if replacing the Dlink wireless-G router with a new Wireless-N model will be benificial.
not sure if I need one that's backward compatible or not. (I haven't looked at routers in a while).
Beyond that, I don't know what else I could change.
apparently dishnetwork receivers aren't compatible with the 200 Mbps homelink adapters.
I see roadrummer has "wideband" and "Extreme" services available soon, but no idea on pricing.

I'd also appreciate any advice on affordable Wireless-N routers. I know Dish had some they recommended for use with the 922, but can't remember where I saw that.

Do the the dish network website and do the test to see if u qualify for the 922 there it will give u the routers they recommend

to clarify:

When available, I want to add the dish Wifi Monitor and/or Multi-room Extender.
We also have two iPhones that connect via wifi on occasion, but thet's beside the point.

you wouldnt gain anything since your not transferring files across your network. The only thing the N upgrade is good for is that you get a new router :) Even if you upgrade to a Wireless N Router, you will still only be get 15 Mbps. THat being said, i recently upgraded mine to a N router and got no advantage from doing that . Haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)