Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
This is my current configuration:

Pansat 3500SD connected with cable to SG2100 motor on the receiver side which moves my P* 84e. Cable on the LNB side of the motor runs to the output of a 4way diseqc switch. Port 1 on the diseqc switch goes to output port 1 on a DTV 3x4 multiswitch which is input both V and H from the dual output P* LNB.

Port 2 on the diseqc switch is input by a stationary P* 75e fixed on Hispasat with the same multiswitch setup. Port 3 on the diseqc is fed by a DTV LNB strapped to the P* LNB for ITC music and the few channels available on the DBS birds.

Hope to put G10R on a fixed dish with the same multiswitch setup as the one for Hispasat on port 4 of the diseqc switch in the near future.

The Pansat handles all of this very well, but I am giving this receiver to my wife and family for their setup which will be identical.

I am looking for a different brand of receiver that has the same capabilities. I tried the Traxis DBS3500, and it didn't work out. It is a great receiver, and has spectacular picture as well as very sensitive tuner and I am told that it will be able to do this in the near future with some software revision, but don't know when.

The reason I don't just get another Pansat is that I already have another 3500SD in that room now running my BUD through the Vbox II. The same remote runs both receivers. I have to cover one or the other when not in use or have both dishes swinging to the same sat and channel at the same time.

Would also like to have it be compatible with Channel Master for channel editing.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Fred

Haven't gotten any suggestions and been doing some research, so let me rephrase the question.

Will the Fortec Star Lifetime Classic NA work with the configuration above?

Anyone using one with a configuration that is similar?

How is it working out?

Thanks,

Fred

I tried the Traxis DBS3500, and it didn't work out. It is a great receiver, and has spectacular picture as well as very sensitive tuner and I am told that it will be able to do this in the near future with some software revision, but don't know when.

The DBS3500 can't handle all the switching between dishes / LNBF.. Or is it because you have a motor in the mix...

No suggestions but, is there a way to change the frequencies on your remotes..

The Traxis DBS3500 assumes that if you are going to use a motor and dish, it will have prebuilt voltage switching LNBs with a single output.

The Traxis DBS3500 also assumes that if you are going to use a diseqc switch, all the lnbs will be voltage switching lnbs, and you won't use a motor.

That is what the software revision will fix when it comes out.

Most of the Primestar original LNBs have two ouptuts, one for V and one for H, so you need a way to convert them to one output, or use 2 separate ports on the diseqc switch and no motor.

I use a DTV 3x4 multiswitch to convert the 2 outputs into a single output which the Traxis won't allow if using a motor at the same time.

It is a shame! Like I said it has a fabulous picture, super sensitive tuner, and blazing fast accurate blind-scan.

Hope that explains it.

Fred

I have learned most of what I know about FTA by making mistakes.

I always consider them learning experiences.

Each mistake has made me better at this hobby. If it was an exact science, everbody would be doing it. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)