Need step by step Instructions

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
The following was posted last year:

It is relative to Recording to a DVD Recorder:

"I record to my DVD with the 622 set to dual mode. However, I am using the coax line. Just activate the TV1 output on the 622's modulator and set DVD tuner to the proper channel. No black bars on HD content. What's nice about this setup is you can record from either tuner just by changing the channel on the DVD recorder. I have TV2 feeding 2 TVs so it's not convenient to be in single mode."

The VIP 622 does not have the coax inputs like the 625.....

How is this accomplished?

The following was posted last year:

It is relative to Recording to a DVD Recorder:

"I record to my DVD with the 622 set to dual mode. However, I am using the coax line. Just activate the TV1 output on the 622's modulator and set DVD tuner to the proper channel. No black bars on HD content. What's nice about this setup is you can record from either tuner just by changing the channel on the DVD recorder. I have TV2 feeding 2 TVs so it's not convenient to be in single mode."

The VIP 622 does not have the coax inputs like the 625.....

How is this accomplished?

There is one coax output in the back of the 622, it's used for TV1 and TV2. If you're using that output for TV2 you need a splitter, one output goes to TV2 and one to TV1. In the menu you'll need to enable TV1 and set it to a different channel.

Menu, 6, 1, 5, and Set TV1 output to Cable or Air and select a different channel.

OK, ..Do I unscrew the output of the TV 2, and then attach it to the splitter..........and then run one coax to the input or the output of the DVR recorder?

OK, ..Do I unscrew the output of the TV 2, and then attach it to the splitter..........and then run one coax to the input or the output of the DVR recorder?

Correct. You'll need a small cable jumper to go from the coax output to the splitter and from the splitter you send one to TV1 and one to TV2.

And what brand of splitter do you recommend?

Most splitters have a loss of -3.5 db, anything higher than that is probably garbage. How far away is your TV2? Adding a splitter might affect your TV2 signal because of the -3.5 db loss.

I like the SVI, Antronix or Holland splitters:

SIGNAL VISION 1GHZ 2-WAY SPLITTER HDTV FREE SHIP!! - eBay (item 380009894359 end time Mar-30-08 11:32:43 PDT)

ANTRONIX 2 WAY SPLITTER NIP 1 GHz.=FREE SHIPPING=NIP - eBay (item 150228972962 end time Mar-30-08 13:12:40 PDT)

Last edited: