need strong dvb- transponder on 30w

Status
Please reply by conversation.
offset on this dish is about 22-24 degrees. I was able to hit 58w KU inverted. Angle reader on the back read about 73 degrees.

still nothing on 30w. Its sitting so low in the sky I think its hitting the apt building about 200 yards to the east.

What I may end up trying is going somewhere where I have better line of site and seeing if I can hit her

Is it almost sun-outage time at your part of the world?
Then you can check the exact Line of Sight to 30W.
I normally use http://www.satellite-calculations.com/Satellite/lookangles.htm , for the specified date and time that the sun is exactly behind a satellite.

If it isn't sun-outage time at your location, you can still get an idea if there really is a problem or not; using the sun, or measuring the sight of the needed elevation.

Why not check that first, before changing the dish-location?

Greetz,
A33

Edit; Oops, I now see that lost_mesa suggested checking with the sun-outage already.
So the sun is lower than the satellites in Colorado these days.
If your dish can see the sun today at the given time of the website above, there should be no LoS-problems...

Correct, all Channel Master offset dishes have 22.6* offset angle. That apples to 35sm, 1.2m, 1.8m dishes. I an pretty sure 1m Channel master has 22.6* offset angle as well. CM dishes are one of the best dishes ever made.... IMHO.

Screenshot_2017-02-22-09-55-17-1.jpg

This is my issue. 58w is sitting a little higher then what's marked in the photo. 30 west is sitting relatively accurate in that photo.

Is it at the black dot?
Doesn't look good, you would have to see 30W through the bushes....

I would check with the sun outage (or a few days before) at what location you have clear LoS to the satellite. I hope you have some options left for that...

Greetz,
A33

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)