need super lnbf

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What size dish do you have?

What I have done with my 1.2 Meter dish is mounted (looking from the dish to the lnb's) a circular lnb on the left, a linear in the center and a C-Band lnb on the right.

there is a c/ku/dss feedhorn but its actually made for the prime focus dish

its just a scaler ring with a dss lnbf mounted into it. you could achive the same by mounting a dss lnb out beside the c/ku lnbf.

i will post a picture of it soon ( when i find it )

What size dish do you have?

What I have done with my 1.2 Meter dish is mounted (looking from the dish to the lnb's) a circular lnb on the left, a linear in the center and a C-Band lnb on the right.
:eurekaThat's interesting...can you post some pictures? I want to do the same with my 1.2 mts offset dish..
Thanks.

Here's my setup :)

I know it does not look that great, but it works well for me and the tie-wraps have held it in place since June without any problems.

The 1.2 Meter Dish (Large one) is on a motor GS120.
The 36" Dish is pointed at 103 Degrees West due to the weird skew.

Hopefully this might give Brotherhood some ideas.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 411
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 375
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 404
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 356
Hope You Understand What I Mean

I think it's beautiful.

Question---> Say your dish is pointed at satellite X, so the center lnb is receiving signals from satellite X, are the two lnbs on the left and on the right of the center lnb also receiving signals from satellite X? In other words, can they be angled so they all receive signals from the same satellite?

If the answer is "no", then I assume that the side satellites will see birds a few degress to the left and right (the left lnb sees satellite to the right of center and vice versa). If this is the case, and you have the dish motorized, how do you account for the difference in skew of the dish required for the different satellites? Do you know what I mean?

I plan on doing something similar--three Lnbs, each to go to 3 receivers --can anyone post a diagram of switches and wiring? I have three Coolsat recievers.
Thanx

Unfortunately they can not see the same satellite at the same time:

For a circular bird I have to move the dish to 4 Degrees less than the actually location, example for the 119 I have to move the dish to 115 degrees.

For a C-Band bird I have to move the dish 6 degrees more than the actually location, example for the 91 Degree satellite I have to move to 97 degrees.

So if I point my dish at 100 degrees west:

The Linear would be pointed at 100 degrees west.
The Circular would be pointing at 104 degrees west.
The C-Band would be pointed at 94 degrees west.

I hope that helps a little bit.

Thanks, that's what I figured.
Any input on my diagram question?
Thanks again!

I am not that great with switches, I am sure that Iceberg, when he gets a chance will be able to tell us how to do that. :D

I am sure it will be interesting to see what Iceberg comes up with for C-Band to three receivers.

Hi Iceberg--

Lnbs as follows:

1. circular lnb
2. unviversal (linear) KU band lnb
3. C band (linear) lnb

One motorized dish.

I think it's beautiful.

...If this is the case, and you have the dish motorized, how do you account for the difference in skew of the dish required for the different satellites?
I think so, too! :up

As for the skew, I believe that once you tune each LNB for best skew, then as the motor moves it across the arc, it tracks just fine.
Should be able to set each skew on any near-central bird, and be good to go.

edit:
as for switches, I bid:
3ea 2x4 switches
3ea 4-input diseqc switches
and all LNBs need two outputs (yes, there's a low cost C-band from SatAV that does that)

another Edit:
Oh, could you maybe do it with:
1 ea 2x4 switch for Universal
1 ea 4x4 switch for DBS and C-band
3 ea 2-input diseqc switches...?

Last edited:
My true south satellite is 118.8 degrees west, I fine tuned the skew with 121 Degrees West and 91 degrees west and I can pick up the stronger C-Band transponders from 55 Degrees west to 139 Degrees west by using the motor.

great idea qwert1515,so what is a good cband lnb to use for connecting one rec?
also do i need a 4dtv rec or can i use my coolsat.
going to try cband this year

What size dish are you planning on using?

If you only want digital C-Band and your Coolsat can control the motor that is all you need.

If you want a larger dish, analog reception or to subscribe to programing then you need a 4dtv receiver or analog receiver.

If you get a H-H motor for the 1.2 Meter dish like a SG2100, GS120 or a Stab then all you need is the Coolsat.

For a LNB I am using the Geosat C AND KU-BAND SATELLITE LNBF which I like, I am using only the C band side since the Ku band LNB does not work well due to the focal point, someone here has posted a mod on how to make it work better.

Or you could get the Geosat C-Band LNB which is only a C-Band lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RTPi moving on AMC4??

Galaxy 25 and Galaxy 26 on the same dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)