This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Need to confirm this LNB/Switch/Receiver setup will work

ptscon

Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
North America
Hello,

I have a DPP Twin LNB with a single coax running into the house. I need to hook up a second receiver and want to avoid having to run a second coax from the LNB.

So I'd like to confirm that a single cable from the LNB to DPP44, from DPP44 to two receivers ...this will work just fine right?

Thanks

wont work. The DPP44 requires 2 cables to begin with (one for each satellite slot)
You need a cable to the LNB for the 2nd receiver

Are you guys sure? DPP Twin has a build in switch, both of it's outputs provide both orbital locations. Why would you need two cables running to DPP44 when a single will provide both satellite locations?

Thanks

The DPP44 become the switch and the switch inside the twin becomes disabled. You will still need two lines to the external switch. Plus the DPP44 switch need to have power. The receivers will run the switch in the lnb.

The upside is you don't need to pay for a DPP44 at all. Just run two cables from the DPP twin to your receivers and you're done.